Trestman's Genious

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by shark86x, Sep 19, 2013.

1. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +484 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    55ß
    Or why we don't miss Shoop, Shea, Turner, Martz, Tice. These guys were playing tic-tac-toe while the rest of the NFL was playing checkers.

Link ==> Check out this video breakdown by Tom Thayer. If the rest of the NFL is playing checkers, Trestman is playing chess. the Star Trek version.

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    Two games in, there is a noticeable difference and I love the hire.

Won't lie, had my questions about hiring a CFL Head Coach, but this far those doubts have gone away
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,831 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    87ß
  4. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Da Bomb!

This is why egg heads make good coaches. The coaching won't always be perfect, but they will always be tinkering... focused on building the fantasy.

Motivation, conditioning, player psychology, etc. They are all important, but at the NFL level you should already have it in spades. The Al Davis slogans should already be part of your game. Besides, other people on the staff or playing on the team should be able to provide in those areas if lacking. With everything else being more or less equal: The best plan wins, Baby!

What Tom Thayer broke down on that clip, is why and how you come back from behind to win the game. BINGO!

Players play, but this example of coaching is what makes teams better! Enjoyed the break down, and hope it keeps up
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,831 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    87ß
    I couldn't help but compare that amazing Thayer piece, with what we had before Trestman came here.

Now we have an NFL-quality offense. It's amazing in its precision, complexity & array of top-tier weapons.

In the past we had something else...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    Lmaoooo.....we definitely wouldn't be 2-0 that's for sure if Lovie and company was still here, we'd be 0-2 with Cutler still running for his life.
  7. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +441 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    42ß
    Why won't anyone let these 2 brilliant tacticians have another chance coaching in the NFL. Please someone in the NFCN, hey Detroit take good look at knuckles & chuckles. We promise not to destroy your QB....wink wink
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +638 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    Star Trek chess; me likey Coach Trestman. Mr. Rodgers...:shoot3: we're coming with phazers on full.
  9. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +259 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    47ß
    I am terrible with PhotoShop ... can anyone put Trestman's face in a picture of Gene Wilder playing Willi Wonka?
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,831 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    87ß
    I think Aaron Rodgers needs a dose of Mike Tice & his pixie dust magic.

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  11. AtomicTommy

AtomicTommy DaBears Ditka

Ratings:
    +2,442 / 13 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    69ß
    Thread title = win
    • Like Like x 2
  12. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +638 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    That's a great idea!
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,831 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    87ß
    This was just put on Twitter and I thought I'd share it here. It's a pic of Trestman just chillin' after today's practice, playing "catch" with Martellus Bennett. He seems to have quickly won over the players. They seem to respect him a lot. Not just because he's a "nice guy" but also because he's a brilliant man.

Twitter LINK
    • Like Like x 2
  14. ticat

ticat Veteran

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    When the Indianapolis Colts announced that Jim Popp was among the leading candidates to be their new general manager earlier this month, the sound of eyebrows arching on both sides of the border was almost audible.
    After all, while Popp has achieved much as general manager of the Montreal Alouettes, his National Football League credentials were non-existent.
    But jumping to the NFL from the CFL isn’t all that unusual for coaches and general managers. Marv Levy was the most successful cross-border jumper, but there are plenty of others.
    In fact, the guy who got the Indianapolis job — Ryan Grigson — once tried out for the Toronto Argonauts and started on the road to his current job by scouting for the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
    Grigson joins Atlanta’s Tom Dimitroff, a former Guelph Gryphon who also got his start scouting for the Riders, in the NFL’s general manager’s club. In addition, there are 18 NFL coaches with CFL credentials — including three who will be working this weekend in the conference finals.
    There were 19, but one of Grigson’s first duties was to file retirement papers on defensive coordinator Mike Murphy, who served with Saskatchewan from 1979 to 1983. And it would have been 20 had Buffalo Bills quarterbacks coach George Cortez not signed on to be head coach of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
    Here’s a look at the other CFL grads wearing NFL caps these days. Not the high number of guys with connections to the Ottawa Rough Riders:
    THE SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS
    New York Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride was an assistant with Ottawa in 1985 and ‘86.
    New England Patriots strength and conditioning coach Harold Nash spent 11 years in the CFL with Shreveport, Montreal, Winnipeg and Edmonton. He was a CFL all-star three times.
    San Francisco 49ers wide receivers coach John Morton caught passes for the Argos in ‘95 and ‘96.
    THE NFC GUYS
    New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton briefly played quarterback for the Rough Riders in 1987.
    Green Bay Packers quarterbacks coach Tom Clements is a member of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame after a stellar 12-year career with four teams — including Ottawa.
    Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett quarterback the Rough Riders in 1992.
    Washington Redskins assistant Richmond Flowers III tried out with Saskatchewan as a receiver in 2007.
    Chicago Bears wide receivers coach Darryl Drake was a receiver with Ottawa in 1981.
    Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham was a defensive coach with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in 1981.
    THE AFC COACHES
    Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, was a leading candidate for the head coaching job in Miami that went to Joe Philbin, played quarterback for the Calgary Stampeders in 1999.
    Buffalo Bills offensive line coach Joe Dalessandris was a coach with Ottawa in 1990 and with the Memphis Mad Dogs in ‘95.
    The Kansas City Chiefs have two ex-CFLers: quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn was with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in ’86 and offensive line coach Pat Perles spent six years in the CFL in the ’90s.
    Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer was the offensive line coach with the Montreal Concordes in 1983.
    Oakland Raiders offensive line coach Bob Wylie had the same title in Winnipeg and Saskatchewan between 2007 and 2009.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2012/01/21/nfl_coaches_gms_routinely_picked_from_cfl.html
    • Like Like x 2
  15. shark86x

Ratings:
    +484 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    55ß
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 5
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,831 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    87ß
    Shark, that's amazing! You're really good with the Photoshop!!!
  17. shark86x

Ratings:
    +484 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    55ß
    Thanks! I'd like to replace all the faces with players and coaches, but I just don't have the time right now, and that would take a lot of work, not to mention finding pictures without helmets where the face is in the right direction. I'm not sure if they would be recognizable at that size either. I spent a good 30 minutes just erasing the parts of the unicorn to get him behind the lettering.
  18. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Pal, I agree; Genius!! I'm thinking it came aboot because the FO thought the United States needed more fart jokes. Buddy, just hire some Terrance and Phillip types, so they can blame Canada, eh?

"We must blame them and cause a fuss
    Before somebody thinks of blaming us!"

Keep this on the down low... for the peeps up above.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. shark86x

Ratings:
    +484 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    55ß
    No, it's just a typo. The o and the i are next to each other. I accidentally hit two keys a lot.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Gold mine! Think of all the potential with that supporting cast!
    Good work Shark and Dachuckster! funny poop.