Trestmen Effect on QB

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Feb 28, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +828 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    865ß
  2. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    I hope this trend continues into next year, the article did not go into year 2 like I hoped it would.
  3. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    You're right MD, it didn't give the stat progression in year two like I had hoped, but weren't a couple of those stays cut short before getting to year 2? I'm just going off of memory there, so I could be wrong, and don't have the time to go look it up right now (work stuff and all). I hate how "work" gets in the way of important stuff like this. :)

That all being said, it did mention the one season where Trestman WAS successful with his QB, and that was the year Rich Gannon won the MVP. Hey, ya gotta like hearing stuff like that. Our Offense was great this year, so if Trestman can just tweek Cutler a "little" more and find a way to keep him on the field, then we are in for a treat. I know our Defense sucked, but if we can just get the D up to "mediocre" or "Average" then our Offense should be strong enough to get us into the post season.
  4. billatter

billatter Veteran

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    98ß
    I love the way these writers carry on like his five years in Montreal didn't exist. Speaking as some one who trains people on a skill that is both mental and physical, the hardest thing to do as a trainer or coach is to reverse ingrained mistakes. Trestman took a 34 year old Calvillo and elevated his game. He did the same with McGowan. Cutler will be a work in progress as he always thinks he's right, nevertheless Trestman did improve him. Whatever Trestman's flaws maybe, managing QBs isn't one of them. If a QB can't progress under Trestman, then the fault lies with the QB.