Tucker did it!!!

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Nov 24, 2013.

1. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +599 / 4 / -17
    ßearz ßuckz:
    259ß
    Chicago Bears defense (2004-2013)-- In Memorim...

http://beargoggleson.com/2013/11/25/memoriam-chicago-bears-defense-2004-2013/
  2. CaptainHookShot

CaptainHookShot Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    http://www.windycitygridiron.com/20...el-tucker-chicago-bears-defensive-coordinator

I don't know that much about Tucker but have been reading a lot more lately. I definitely think he will be around for a couple years at least. I also think it's unwise to have a revolving door at dc. Sure, the offense was turned around fairly quickly with Trestman but the talent levels aren't even comparable. At this point Tucker is more knowledgeable of what these players are capable of then anybody fresh in there could be. Hopefully he has a good enough relationship with Emery that they can be honest with each other about what players need to come and go. This is what it really comes down to in my opinion. He has the experience, he has the knowledge, can he just get the right personnel?

This guy is a draft option, it would have to be first round if nobody else grabs him:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ornerback-bradley-roby-to-forgo-senior-season
    • Like Like x 1
  3. billatter

billatter Veteran

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    If I was Tucker, I'd be nervous as Trestman's real DC is currently coaching the linebackers. Tibesar was the LB coach in Montreal and then promoted to DC. During his tenure, Montreal's linebacking core was fearsome. Trestman brought him to Chicago, but no one would tolerate a CFL HC and a CFL DC so Tibesar went back to coaching linebackers. Next year, Tibesar will be running the D.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,020 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    40ß
    hmmmmm....

interesting perspective
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +990 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    22ß
    I have no knowledge of Tibesar pro or con but anything that sweeps away intertia and Mel Tucker with it I am all for.

I like accountability. When things arent working (for a good long while), then CHANGE SOMETHING. Don't be afraid of the unknown. Don't over-think it with excuses, alibis, and what-ifs. Just change it. When your DC presides over a unit that declines from top-5 to dead last within less than one season, you don't need need any additional information. Change DCs, simple as that. I'm not saying thats the only thing you do or the only thing wrong--obviously new player talent is needed too--but thats the first thing you do.

Its all too easy for organizations to get afraid of change and quickly become stale. We saw the Bears franchise waste years under-valuing the QB position and then years more failing to build an OL and a receiving corps. The excuses now propping up Mel Tucker were used in slightly different form to justify keeping J'Marcus dumbshit Webb as a 3yr starter (he "just needed time", "he's still young", "He's improving", "he needs one more year to put it together", yada yada). We all know how that worked out.

It doesn't need to be emotional--Tucker didn't produce even above Jaguars and Buccaneers level--just change it and move forward.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  6. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,161 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    I'd take this scenario or even if Tucker is just a puppet and Tibesar is calling the plays and teaching.
  7. billatter

billatter Veteran

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    BTW Short Face, I'm surprised to find a fan of Liddell-Hart here as well as one who is also a fan of the North American Pleistocene. That's an odd combo.
  8. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,161 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Yeah, I'm probably a bit of an anachronism I suppose. Now all we need is a DC that uses strategy like Liddell-Hart.