Tucker: Round 2

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, Mar 27, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Grizz, YES I do beliebe they would have got their teeth kicked in.
    Shea got his teeth kicked in w/Hot Rod and Lovie, Wootton had NEVER played inside and for a good reason, Peppers was not trying last year by all accounts, and Paea was playing hurt. Name the guy that would have played better on the DL if Lovie and Hot Rod had been here; you cannot. A player that stops playing cannot be fixed, a player playing who cannot plant his foot is not going to be effective no matter the coaching, and Wootton is NOT FIT for DT regardless of the coaching.

2. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

The Packers lost 1....I repeat 1 major impact player from their defense for the majority of that season/post season. McCown fared better because he had a competent OC, and markedly better talent surrounding him than we gave Jason Campbell. Campbell would have done very well here last season.

3. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

That wasn't even the same D as what was there under Lovie, Izzy, Roach, BU, Tillman, Briggs, Melton, Wootton, Collins were all key figures on the Lovie Top 5 team, none were there, and the 1st three wouldn't have made a difference had they been on the team last year.

4. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Yes, they would have gotten their teeth kicked in because the talent level differential was ridiculous.

5. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

Valid excuses are reasons.

Our team lost half it's starting defense.

Valid excuse which is a reason as to why the D was so bad

The ref blew that call and that is why we lost.

Bullshit excuse, not a reason.

• Like Like x 2
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Hopefully this will all be a moot point and the team, and Tucker, will do just fine. I'm excited about the team, and looking forward to the draft and then going on my annual pilgrimage to training camp. FWIW, I'm looking forward to the Cubs having a great year too. We'll see how it all unfolds. And if they go another year without a championship, well, there's always "next year" to look forward to. Those "lovable losers" ya gotta just love 'em. I've loved both teams (Bears & Cubs) for over 50 years now. I'm used to all of this cycle.

:bearbang[1]:

7. shark86x

shark86x
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

[quote="JustAnotherBearsFan99, post: 46067, member: 386"]Hopefully this will all be a moot point and the team, and Tucker, will do just fine. I'm excited about the team, and looking forward to the draft and then going on my annual pilgrimage to training camp. FWIW, I'm looking forward to the Cubs having a great year too. We'll see how it all unfolds. And if they go another year without a championship, well, there's always "next year" to look forward to. Those "lovable losers" ya gotta just love 'em. I've loved both teams (Bears & Cubs) for over 50 years now. I'm used to all of this cycle.

:bearbang[1]:[/quote]

I hope so too. If it does, I'll be the first to say I was wrong about Mel and his Tuckered-Out Defense.

• Like Like x 1
  8. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Losing the architect of the defense (Lovie), it's Operations Manager (Marinelli), and it's primary Production Manager (Urlacher) were too much all at once. Even without the injuries there still would have been some issues because we lack both quality depth AND field leadership. Whether it was wrong to retain him or not is a moot point now but since we are it only makes sense to let him try his best to resurrect it.

9. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I'd accept that as a reason for a decline but not one that took us from the top five to the bottom two. Many other teams have fared better despite injuries. Part of that's on Tucker and part on Emery as far as not doing enough planning for those injuries or the loss of other key players. But that was last year and it's in the rearview mirror for me. All I'm focused on is what's ahead and hoping they are too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Name the teams that have fared better when they lost 5 impact starters from their defense and had others banged up.

• Like Like x 1