Tucker: Round 2

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, Mar 27, 2014.

1. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +569 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    274ß
    Yeah...probably not my best example...lol
    • Like Like x 2
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,366 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    760ß
    You do make a good point though. You do need the talent too - and Martz didn't have the talent to run his offense. I do get your point.
  3. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    I am very cautiously optimistic about Tucker this year as I would assume there is no more shadows if Lovies defense he has to abide by. He will have some talented players on the field that is up to HIM to maximize what they do well.(example being Shea.) I hope he stays out of the box and on the sidelines again this year, as I do like the fire he has. I just really hope this year his fire is about excitement not frustration.

It takes both players and coaches. Safe to say that both utterly failed last year but that's in the past and hopefully both can succeed in the future.
  4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +738 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    705ß
    of coarse not you put in a Factorial. :36_1_55[1]:
  5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +738 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    705ß
    You referring to Mundy ??? He has proven very little. He may become the starter but I believe he is more likely to battle Conte for FS and SS will come in the draft with some of the wood layin Safeties in the draft. Bucannon, Bailey, Dixon, Loston. Might be wrong but I do not think we have SS on the team yet
  6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,843 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,537ß
    Shows you the difference between Dom Capers who can make chicken salad out of chicken shit and Mel Tucker who took some top notch chicken salad and turned his into chicken shit. Caper will be a little more ready for the Bears offense this year so Tucker better be ready for theirs.

One other reason I like Donald is that in addition to his quickness off the snap he's got great foot speed to chase down these more mobile QB. You combine him with McClellin coming from that left side where right handed QB roll or boot and they won't get all day back there to throw. Those two guys can motor and so can Allen or Young coming off the backside.

Let's face it. This team, especially the defense, has to built to beat GB before anything else. If we don't start taking the NFCN consistently like we did in the '80s we ain't goin' nowhere fast. Constantly sneaking in as a Wild Card, having to play more games, and losing home field advantage won't get it done.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,843 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,537ß
    To beat the Packers you have to beat Rodgers and that's why say you build the defense to do just that. If you don't the rest won't matter.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,843 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,537ß
    At least this year we have Pasqualoni who has credentials as a DC and as a HC in college so IF Tucker falls on his tuckus at least we have a guy who could step in. Last year we didn't.
  9. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,843 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,537ß
    We had a real NFL novice LB coach last year which may partially explain the lack of development there but the year we have Herring whom, like Pasqualoni, has an NFL position (s) on his resume. No more CFL coaches without some NFL experience.
  10. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,843 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,537ß

He could probably play either because he's not a horrible coverage guy but his starting experience with NY was as a SS I believe. Besides these days there's little difference between the two. If the field is divided vertically they both have roughly the same coverages to make so he skill set has to be similar for both. One or the other may be deep in a Cover-1 but other wise they both have deep coverage to make on certain plays.
  11. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +738 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    705ß
    True in Lovie's cover 2 system. Not so sure if you start sneaking the SS up to the line more for blitz packages or loading the box which Tucker likes to do more of.
  12. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    253ß
    Yep. And you beat GB by not letting Lacey run for 150 and even more importantly by beating Rodgers. And you do those things with a DL that isn't a sieve against the run and can get after the passer consistently. Give AR too much time and he's gonna beat you, don't care how good your safeties are. One of the main elements that makes Rodgers elite is that he makes few bad throws/decisions. He's almost never baited into to throwing you multiple avoidable picks. The number 1 way to beat GB is to put Rodgers on his ass frequently.

Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix isn't going to help you do that.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,843 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,537ß
    True. I saw them play more one deep coverages but have you ever seen Conte blitz? I can't. But I think one reason Uncle Phil may have chosen Mundy, besides price, is that he can play both. Or at least I believe he can. I think that pretty much allows him to take the best Safety on the board when he goes for it without being concerned whether he's one of the other. I'm not sure how they played them in college correlates 100% to how they might play in the NFL. Ward was a SS his Sr. year but has more of the size and characteristics of a FS or a NB.
  14. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,843 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,537ß
    Yep, we need to get tougher in the middle and I think a healthier Paea and Ratliff will make a difference as will DWill if we can keep them all on the field. On the PS should be a kid who can play the run well in the event we have to add a DT. Last year we had to sign Street FA's to play which is like signing "weekend warriors" from a semi-pro team. Lacey is a tough back and he's gonna get his carries and you can't give him an opening to build up a head of steam. When he gets to the second level it takes three guys to bring him down.
  15. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,542 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    741ß
    oh sure... NOW you come up with this. You could have at least have sent Tucker an anonymous email last year to try and clue him in.
  16. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    Thats why I agree with you soul. Not only can Donald be a menace for qbs he also has the ability to be stout against the run. I don't care who your playing or who is in our secondary. Weather its Peyton Manning or Tim Tebow if you can't stop the run your as good as dead on defense. Donald can contribute in both areas and that makes all other 10 players look better. Not stopping the run was the deathblow to our entire team last year. It all snowballs from there and drafting a safety really isnt going to help that. If your safeties are being asked to make tackles in run support a third of as much as we did last year, well who cares who they are because you don't have much of a chance.
  17. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +738 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    705ß
    But remember we did not have Ratliff either until the end of the year. When did he start playing, cameo appearance in wk 10 or so and by the end he was playing more. Still did not have Briggs back till the end and I am very concerned that he is in a harness still. I agree stopping the run and putting pressure on the QB is critical thankfully I believe GB is a little weaker at WR than past years but Rodgers makes an average receiver look pretty good. But you are right, If we do not build a team to beat GB nothing else will matter. Look at the Niners and Seahawks, everything they do is to counter the other, everyone else is secondary. As a result they are the teams to beat in the NFC. On paper I think we closed the gap on GB. Hopefully it will play out on the field. Getting J Allen from the Vikes was a double whammy to them... we win they lose. Detroit in salary cap Hell with Suh and staying status quo. That could change if they get Watkins in the draft. 2 Stud receivers possibly in Detroit would require a both pass rush and coverage. Luckily no real threat and we got there DE too in Young. There Defense needs some help to but Emery did a slick job of strengthening the Bears and weakening the division Foes. :36_1_55[1]:
    :18_1_205:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +569 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    274ß
    Green Bay's o-line isn't very good, and they just lost their center so hopefully our marked improvement on the d-line will make a huge difference. I don't see any way possible Watkins falls to 10 for the lions.
  19. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    253ß
    That's a good point I forgot to mention earlier. Packers have a solid receiving corps, a good running game (finally, ugghhh), and one of the best QBs in the game. Their only weak spot on O is that their OL is suspect. We need to beat them to win the division and be a player in the NFC. So attack the weakest point. You contain Lacey reasonably well and GET TO RODGERS, you beat them. You give AR time, and you lose...don't care how good your safeties are.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß

agree completely.