Tucker: Round 2

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, Mar 27, 2014.

1. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,264ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Yeah...probably not my best example...lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,094ß
    You do make a good point though. You do need the talent too - and Martz didn't have the talent to run his offense. I do get your point.

3. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    I am very cautiously optimistic about Tucker this year as I would assume there is no more shadows if Lovies defense he has to abide by. He will have some talented players on the field that is up to HIM to maximize what they do well.(example being Shea.) I hope he stays out of the box and on the sidelines again this year, as I do like the fire he has. I just really hope this year his fire is about excitement not frustration.

It takes both players and coaches. Safe to say that both utterly failed last year but that's in the past and hopefully both can succeed in the future.

4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,166ß
    of coarse not you put in a Factorial. :36_1_55[1]:

5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,166ß
    You referring to Mundy ??? He has proven very little. He may become the starter but I believe he is more likely to battle Conte for FS and SS will come in the draft with some of the wood layin Safeties in the draft. Bucannon, Bailey, Dixon, Loston. Might be wrong but I do not think we have SS on the team yet

6. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,201ß
    Shows you the difference between Dom Capers who can make chicken salad out of chicken shit and Mel Tucker who took some top notch chicken salad and turned his into chicken shit. Caper will be a little more ready for the Bears offense this year so Tucker better be ready for theirs.

One other reason I like Donald is that in addition to his quickness off the snap he's got great foot speed to chase down these more mobile QB. You combine him with McClellin coming from that left side where right handed QB roll or boot and they won't get all day back there to throw. Those two guys can motor and so can Allen or Young coming off the backside.

Let's face it. This team, especially the defense, has to built to beat GB before anything else. If we don't start taking the NFCN consistently like we did in the '80s we ain't goin' nowhere fast. Constantly sneaking in as a Wild Card, having to play more games, and losing home field advantage won't get it done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,201ß
    To beat the Packers you have to beat Rodgers and that's why say you build the defense to do just that. If you don't the rest won't matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,201ß
    At least this year we have Pasqualoni who has credentials as a DC and as a HC in college so IF Tucker falls on his tuckus at least we have a guy who could step in. Last year we didn't.

9. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,201ß
    We had a real NFL novice LB coach last year which may partially explain the lack of development there but the year we have Herring whom, like Pasqualoni, has an NFL position (s) on his resume. No more CFL coaches without some NFL experience.

10. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,201ß

He could probably play either because he's not a horrible coverage guy but his starting experience with NY was as a SS I believe. Besides these days there's little difference between the two. If the field is divided vertically they both have roughly the same coverages to make so he skill set has to be similar for both. One or the other may be deep in a Cover-1 but other wise they both have deep coverage to make on certain plays.