Two S's signed

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by a_miljan, Mar 18, 2014.

1. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +276 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    54ß
    Two Safeties signed 1-y contracts with DaBears, ST Steltz re-signed and DeCamilis presents ex-cowboy McCray, looks like he sees something in him, SS competition I guess
  2. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +720 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    468ß
    Glad Steltz is back, he's a decent ST player.
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,381ß
    Yep, but unfortunately that's all he is. (sigh) But...........I would keep him as a STeams guy over Weems any day.

They're also talking to McManis about returning and I would favor that as well. Give him the money they save by showing Weems the door.
  4. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +720 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    468ß
    Or they can use the money they saved by releasing EBennett. McManis was very important last year.
  5. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    Both will get a chance to make the team. Looks like special teams is starting to bulk up a bit.
  6. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +282 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    22ß
    Steltz has been around for 7 years now because he was willing to play STs and a back-up role.

Smart to take the opportunity and bank as much as you can before it is too late.

McCray is a fresh face, but he does not jump out as the savior. Again he is another SS type.

I know the SS types help you best on STs but we have not had a single guy on the roster since Brown that can be a real Free Safety.

We need a CENTER Fielder!!! and a Fatty in the middle.
  7. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,381ß
    Steltz is a smart player whose always around the ball, even at LSU, but unfortunately his lack of speed always seems to have him arriving at the ball one or two steps too late to be of much use in coverage. But as a STeams guy he's a good tackler and he can block on the return teams. Guy like him are cheap and help you win games in ways many can't see. It's just too bad it was him who was called for a questionable holding penalty on what would have been Hester record breaking PR last year.