UNFRIGGIN REAL NFL Fines Bostic

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Nakoma1, Aug 21, 2013.

1. 4dabers

4dabers
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I really think Ric is right about having the head up. He drops his head and leads with the crown at the last minute. The problem is, anyone that ever played the game knows that such a movement is damn near instinctual and damned hard to overcome. It also happens in a millisecond, so keep it going Bostic and deal with the fines.

I also believe BossK is right. This isn't about Goodell being a power hungry monster; it's about him trying to save the league from itself. It all comes down to lawyers. It's usually a pretty good bet that any time you come across some strange rule that makes no sense or is 100% overly protective of a certain thing, that there is a lawyer and a landmark litigation case behind it. I'm all for any player coming into the league signing a waiver, explaining the hazards of the game BEFORE they are eligible to sign with any team.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    854ß
    New rule as of this year, head must be up when making contact.....offensive or defensive player. Bostic is simply the example. Oh, and because of a rule that says that a fine can't be more than 25% of the players weekly check, his real fine is approx. $6k.

3. Nakoma1

Nakoma1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    TO THOSe agreeing with the fine turn in your Bears fan card ,... And go work for the league

OH,... and stop posting here under the identity of A BEARS FAn

It was a legit hit. He led with his shoulder ,..anything after is incidental

4. shark86x

shark86x
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,140ß
    I see the head up thing and understand, but he led with his shoulder. The receiver grabbed the ball and took two steps before he got hit, changing his position relative to the incoming Bostic. Is Bostic supposed to defy the laws of physics and change his trajectory/momentum during those two steps the receiver took?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nakoma1

Nakoma1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    I love the experts TELLING PEOPLE HOW TO INTERPRET THINGS ..

6. Nakoma1

Nakoma1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    THEEE EXACT TERMINOLOGY USED TO FINE BOSTIC
    Bostic violated: RULE 12, SECTION 2, ARTICLE 7 (b) (2)Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.

Now someone please tell me when receivers became defenseless ... it's the defender jobs to tackle the receiver and or knock the ball out as well

Now if yas wanna listen to some league office MOGUL that's posting here telling you other wise ,.... go right ahead But this was the the rule they fined him on
    NOTHING About helmut , to helmut ...

NOTHNG ABOUT helmut to face mask
    NOTHING about leading with his head

AGAIN THE RULE THEY FINED HIM ON
    Bostic violated: RULE 12, SECTION 2, ARTICLE 7 (b) (2)
    Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BossK

BossK
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    83ß
    ESPN sportsnation arguing about it right now

edit: 90% say not deserved- NFL is soft, this defenseless receiver thing is bullsh!t.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nakoma1

Nakoma1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    I heard as it came down on the Score ,... those were the exact same words I heard them discussing BOSTIC SHOULD APPEAL

GOODBALLS is getting as bad as obummer with his executive exercises

9. shark86x

shark86x
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,140ß
    Disclaimer... I'm at work and supposed to be working. So I haven't fully read up on this, just what I'm seeing here.

So why was he defenseless? He grabbed the ball and took two steps. He was facing Bostic and saw him coming at him. How is that defenseless? Just when does a player go from defenseless to defensible? How about a guy running to the endzone with the ball - and a defender dives at his legs from behind. The runner doesn't know he's about to be destroyed and is in a defensleless position too.

The league really needs to figure this out before Bostic is fined and labeled a repeat offender for a clean legal hit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jimmors

Jimmors
    Expand Collapse
    The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,593ß
    Im calling bullshit on that claim. I watched it frame by frame to check, and he hit Willie square in the chest. The "Contact" of the lower part of the facemask only occurred AS THE HIT happened, by way of Willie's head in whiplash, his head was HIGH, (he was in the process of catching the ball), the hit happened, his head jerked BACK, then forward, due to whiplash, and only made contact with the top of Bostic's helmet at this point. And even then...if you zoom in this picture posted, and look really close, the two helmets are not even making contact at all.