Urgent message from Trestman

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Jimmors, Sep 22, 2013.

1. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    Listened to Trestman on ESPN1000 on the drive home. He was saying they have to get Bush more involved in the offense. Hopefully you will get your wish.
  2. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think you also have missed that the Bears are not running the same Cover 2 scheme that was run under Urlacher & the Lovie era. Tucker has brought in his 'own version' of the Tampa 2. The scheme we're running now doesn't place the tremendous emphasis on the MLB's play, as the previous scheme once did. There are a lot of technical changes being implemented by Tucker. So in that regard, its difficult to single out that our pass defense has been poor simply because of Urlacher's absence. So there is so much more to this. I think that Bears pass defense has been poor because the pass rush has been very, very poor. You can't expect guys to cover their man all day long. And when you have no pass rush, opposing QBs will have all the time they need to let plays unfold and hit us hard. And that's really what's going on out there. Urlacher would not be making a difference right now if he was playing. He doesn't even have the speed he once had and he would not be correcting our pure pass rush by calling defensive signals out there.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +750 / 6 / -24
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,203ß
    Yeah, I am getting that impression. Our CB's are getting no help at all from the safeties on deep sideline passes. It seems that Tucker wants them covering middle zone (where Urlacher used to drop). That means that they can't get over in time to cover deep sidelines. I think other teams have figured this out. Megatron does double-move route, Stafford gives a pump fake, Megatron streaks past our CB down the sideline, Major Wright arrives too late -- TD!

No doubt Urlacher was on the decline last year, but let us not forget that our defense still gave up only 17.3 ppg last season under the Lovie/Urlacher scheme. Combine the 2012 defense with the 2013 offense, and we could be competitive with the Seahawks in the NFC championship game this year.
  4. popcornlover

popcornlover Guest

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Umm i think were blitzing on 3rd downs too much
  5. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +750 / 6 / -24
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,203ß
    Well, we got sacks, turnovers,and TD off the blitzs from LB's. Of course, if they pickup the blitzers, they kill you with passes. The Cover 2 is predicated on the assumption that the front-4 alone can create QB pressure. When you see Tucker blitzing this much, it is an admission that our front-4 are not getting it done.

"He who lives by the blitz, dies by the blitz." :shoot2: