Urlacher: "Bears faked injuries to slow offenses"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Smoking Jay, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Smoking Jay

Smoking Jay Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
  2. blinddeafmute

blinddeafmute DaBears Ditka

Ratings:
    +1,438 / 5 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    49ß
    My first thought is that it's not that hard to copy and paste the text from the article, lol.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,669 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,176ß
    Nothing new here, other than Urlacher crapping on his former team. I wish Brian would shut up.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. blinddeafmute

Ratings:
    +1,438 / 5 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    49ß
    I think Urlacher needs to find something better to do and not talk to the press anymore. He's making me hate him.
  5. Smoking Jay

Smoking Jay Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    * for the people that cant click*

With NFL offenses growing faster each season, the Chicago Bears, in recent years, devised a plan of their own to slow the league's up-tempo attacks.
    Silver: 32 questions for 32 teams
    [​IMG]
    With the regular season upon us, Michael Silver asks a piercingly pertinent question about each squad in the NFL. More ...
    Faking injuries.
    That's according to Brian Urlacher, the former All-Pro Bears linebacker who retired this offseason after 13 decorated years in the Windy City. The middle linebacker was the centerpiece of Chicago's defense and served as the unit's traffic cop -- he saw it all.
    "We had a guy who was the designated dive guy," Urlacher said Tuesday on Fox Sports 1, via the Chicago Sun-Times.
    Urlacher went on to describe how a Bears assistant would mimic a swimmer's diving motion from the sideline to initiate the ploy, which often came on long drives when the defense needed a breather. Urlacher wouldn't name the assistant, saying: "It wasn't coached, but it was part of our game plan."
    [​IMG]

It's not an act the league permits, of course, but we've seen hints of it for years. The New York Giants were accused of faking injuries during a nationally televised 28-13 victory over the St. Louis Rams in 2011. Long before that, renowned Seattle Seahawks coach Chuck Knox once admitted his nose tackle, Joe Nash, faked injuries four times to stop the clock against the no-huddle offense of the Cincinnati Bengals during a 1988 AFC divisional playoff tilt.
    Accusations of faking injuries are nothing new, but you don't often see players outing their former teams. The Bears can't be thrilled with Urlacher's early run as a talking head.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Smoking Jay

Smoking Jay Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    When did he say this? i see the article was posted today
  7. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,588 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    943ß
    Seriously, Urlacher? Bitter much? What point does this juicy bit of gossip serve, other than to try and tarnish the reputation of the team that you played for?

If this is the path he chooses to go down, he will quickly watch as his respect from fans begins to evaporate. Nobody likes a bitter ex-player. Grow up, or shut up.
    • Like Like x 6
  8. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +911 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    907ß
    What's the news here? Every team does it and we all know it.

There are too many garbage rules protecting the offense so I can't say I blame them one bit.
  9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,669 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,176ß
    It looks like he said this yesterday. Man, I like the guy's play for us all these years, but I really wish he'd use his common-sense before talking about stuff like this. Yes, teams have done this for years and years. It's nothing new. I just wish he wouldn't yap about the Bears doing it. Now Goodell will probably get involved. What a pain.

10. Jimmors

Ratings:
    +4,588 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    943ß
    Its way more common in College, since so many teams run an uptempo, no-huddle spread offense.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Smoking Jay

Smoking Jay Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    I guess the news here is that the face of the franchise for 13 years is crapping on his former team...
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    541ß
    Honestly, he's ALWAYS come across as an unlikable person.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. BearsWin

BearsWin Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    this is just like a pitcher in baseball hitting a batter for payback, everyone does it, you are just not supposed to admit it.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters Veteran

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    47ß
    What a fucking idiot.

I loved Urlacher as much as the next Bears fan but this guy is turning out to be a rat weasel bitch.

The sad part is, he's too stupid to realize that not only is he making his former organization, teammates, and coaches look bad but he's also making HIMSELF look like a jackass because he was a part of this ploy.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,198 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    573ß
    Former players admitting stuff like this is actually pretty cool.......years later, not months later. The years later admission doesn't hurt anyone and become an anecdote. The months later admission brings scrutiny upon former teammates.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Jimmors

Ratings:
    +4,588 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    943ß
    I think thats his goal, to make the organization look scandalous, so he can smirk while he watches the games on Sundays in his recliner.
  17. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    541ß
    If that's the case, I wanna see how much reclining he's doing on Super Bowl Sunday.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. blinddeafmute

Ratings:
    +1,438 / 5 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    49ß
    It's really petty and speaks volumes about his character. While he thinks he's bashing the team, he's really only making himself look foolish.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    ^^^What Henry Burris said/typed. Let's be honest - Urlacher was a great player for many years, HOWEVER he also came across (to me, anyway) as a dimwitted, arrogant jock. Anyone remember that story about him trying to "bully"/start sh*t with that MMA fighter in a bar or something? Ahh, here's the link. He asked Bas Rutten if he wanted to "take it outside." lol. My bad, they were both actually at a charity event, which makes Urlacher's attempt to instigate a fistfight even more absurd, lol.

http://thebiglead.com/2012/10/05/brian-urlacher-once-asked-bas-rutten-to-take-it-outside/
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Jimmors

Ratings:
    +4,588 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    943ß
    And lest we forget, Emery was the ONLY GM to even offer him a deal this year. Lach turned it down. Its not the Bears' fault that every NFL team did not see the value in paying millions of dollars for a 35 year old MLB with recent injury issues. Its not the Bears' fault that Lach thought he deserved more, but the market decided he didnt.
    • Like Like x 2