Urlacher: "Bears faked injuries to slow offenses"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Smoking Jay, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    315ß
    Yeah, dude just needs to step away for a little while, and come back in a few years to be honored. With his attitude, I'd be mildly shocked if they do it this year.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +267 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    One of the many reasons I have faith in Emery. LOVE the fact that he had the cajones to fire Lovie (after a 10-6 season when most of the national media expected him to be retained) while refusing to overpay an over-the-hill Urlacher. Guy isn't afraid to make the tough calls.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,235 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    494ß
    shhhh...dont tell Soulman, he is still miffed at Emery for "handling it poorly."

the fact was, Emery offered Lach a fair market deal. Lach had even said we would get a "hometown discount." (HA). He felt so "insulted" by the deal, that he actually would have signed with another team for LESS than what Emery offered, just out of spite. And had ANY other team even offered him a deal, he mightve had a point. But, they didnt. So Emery was right all along, and Lach simply overplayed his hand by overvaluing his talent based on sentimentality, which is not worth nearly as much as people think.

Emery made a smart business decision, not a sentimental business decision, and smart business decisions are what wins you championships.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I hope while on set doing his NFL show that a light falls and swings right as his mouth
  5. ticat

ticat Veteran

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    Give the bears some more motivation to win it this year, while he is watching from home.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,700 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    468ß
    Urlacher... You said you would not mention an injury or concussion you had in order to stay on the field.

I get you are mad at how they treated you "unfairly" but STFU already.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +268 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß
    wooow, what a cold shower, i would never expect this from Brian, hes our HoF... im so glad they ditch him like they did now. man, management knows what they are doing, they are really removing the bad parts. too bad for brian, he will lose all respect if he keeps it this way. a really nice backhand to the team that made u rich. i defened him thru all that contract shit, but now he really dissapointed me. he just a ......
  8. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Bas Rutten would've whipped his ass in seconds.
    What could be his motivation here? Missing the game? Trying to be relevant again? Wanting attention?
    Reinstall your filter, buddy.
  9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    315ß
    Anybody got him on speedial?
  10. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +160 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    32ß
    Agreed......I've lost all respect for urlacher, seems like the more he talks about the bears the more stupid he looks.

I think he's still pissed the bear didn't re-sign him and give him the money he wanted, who cares because he's done and the bears have moved on to bigger and better things in the trestman era.
  11. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    Oh Brian please just shut up and let's have a nice positive memory of you.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    145ß
    I don't think this coaching staff will need the game to be slowed down for them. They more mentally up for the challenge of the speed of the game compared to last years mentally challenged crew.

Urlacher doesn't even realize that he has indirectly insulted the coaching staff he so greatly adored last year.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  13. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,690 / 2 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,159ß
    Real quick. If you didn't actually watch the segment go watch it and THEN comment. THEN you'll see the difference between how the press likes color and interpret things for us so they're all that much more dramatic. Watching tells to REALLY happened.

The conversation was about a game between Cal and NU and Cal complaining about NU faking injuries which is ironic since THEY were accused of the same thing a couple of years ago. Brian's an analyst paid to comment on situations based on his own experiences as a player and that's what he did. He wasn't telling any deep dark secrets, throwing anyone under the bus, or seeking revenge on the Bears organization. It was said so matter-of-factly that it was like "everyone knows this so I'm really not telling anyone something new."

And in that he's correct. Anyone who doesn't believe it goes on week after week in almost every NFL if the need arises is being really, really naïve. That tactics as old a the fumblerooski play. Player goes down and grabs knee, leg, crotch or whatever. Trainers come out cluck over him a bit then he gets up and walks off under his own power. He sits out the ONE play the rules require and checks right back in again! It happens so often it's never even questioned.

So in REALITY now, not some sportswriters column which needs to be read, what did Brian Urlacher say that wasn't already common knowledge. He might just as well have admitted to hazing rookies for the 12 of his 13 season which he wasn't one. Come one people it means nothing. NOTHING.
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,067 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    327ß
    This story has been carried by every major sports news source today. It almost forces the NFL to look into this allegation by Urlacher that the Bears coaching staff did this. I don't care if all 32 teams do this. I do care if Urlacher is stupid enough to name the Bears this way. It's "diarrhea of the mouth" at least, and at worst it's being vindictive and trying to embarrass the Bears.

Brian needs to go see the Whiz.

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  15. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,690 / 2 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,159ß
    Did you listen to it? If you did then you'll hear the way he delivered it which was almost with a shrug. He wasn't being vindictive or trying to embarrass the Bears. That the way all of those news sources you're reading are trying to make you think that maybe he did. Stop reading them and find a link to the comment itself then tell me what you heard.

He simply commented on an issue that was already being discussed about Cal and NU. It's not like he brought it up separately and out of context like it was some deep dark secret. The NFL will do jack shit about it because the NFL already knows it's being done regularly and there's really nothing they can do about it unless they change that out for one play rule. And even then all a team needs to do is send in a sub they won't mind keeping out longer and he does the dive. He said it was never coached so who are they gonna investigate. Lovie? You think he'll confirm it? LOL

Jeezus sportswriters make mountains out of ant farms and everyone wants to all of a sudden jump on a guy that a year ago they would have defended and have defended against all kinds of criticism over the year. You all need to stop believing in the slants these "major news sources" put on things. They aren't out to tell what really happened there out there to get viewers and sell newspapers and trauma drama sells way faster than good news. So if you all know this already why are you all so fucking willing to be lead by it like sheep. Geez guys, do a little analytical thinking on your own for a change instead of playing the "I read so it must be true" game.
  16. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,067 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    327ß
    Soul, I did listen to it. If Brian is going to be in the limelight now, then he does need to filter what he says a bit better. I will always appreciate the years he gave us here in Chicago so I'm going to always have a respect for his on-field play. He's a Hall of Fame talent that gave everything for the Bears.

He started to tick me off with the comment about not caring for us fans. But I figured the guy is going through a lot of "change" in his life, so we need to cut him some slack. I still feel that way.

That being said, I still feel his comment on the Chicago Bears coaches having the players fake injuries was stupid on his part.
  17. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
  18. stonehouse91

stonehouse91 Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    does it matter? every team does it. next topic.
  19. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,700 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    468ß
    I think that anything Urlacher says or does for a while will push fans the wrong way.

His whole rant about hating the fans has driven many of them away
  20. Loki

Loki Assault Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,293 / 14 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    383ß
    Could be worse...