Urlacher dishes on Cutler, Lovie, Trestman and all things Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Jan 29, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,771ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I was done w/BU 2yrs ago, still done w/him. He's not wrong about Cutler.

2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,226ß

Shit! Thanks for reminding me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,628ß
    I dont think it is hatred, but there is definitely some animosity between the two. If it was strictly professional criticism, then he would only focus on Jay's stats, and give his opinion about his contract. There is no need to bring up stuff like "well, Jay hasn't contacted me since i left, waaaaah." (paraphrasing).

I think Lach has a bitter taste in his mouth with how his retirement went down, and he cant come to terms with the fact that someone else is now the face of the franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,628ß
    He was upset because he felt like he deserved more. Emery offered him a FAIR MARKET deal, and wasnt willing to overpay him simply because of his emotional ties to the franchise. Had ANYONE offered Lach a deal, then he wouldve been proven right...that Emery lowballed him. But nobody did. Which only confirms Emery's pricetag on Lach. And even if another team had offered a deal, it still doesnt mean that Emery shouldve wasted money on a 35 year old slow MLB with recent injury issues simply because he was a fan favorite. Lest we forget that Emery used some of that cash to acquire Bushrod, Slauson, Williams, etc.

5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,817ß
    I'm trying to remember Brian for the many years of good play he had here in Chicago. Consequently, I'm just not paying any attention to what he says for awhile. The transitions in life are tough for all of us, and for Brian, I don't think he envisioned the end coming when it did - and how it did. I'm okay with him being a bit grumpy for awhile. No biggie.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,628ß
    Im sure after awhile, he will be remembered like Butkus: a dominating defensive player that represented a Decade of Bears football, but never won any championships. His legacy is secure, Lach just needs time for people to respect him again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wolfman

Wolfman Assistant Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    Gale Sayers, Brian Urlacher in war of words
    Posted by Mike Florio on May 20, 2010, 10:08 AM EST
    Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher ripped Hall of Fame running back Gale Sayers on Wednesday as a player who doesn’t know how to win, while Sayers responded by saying Urlacher is on the downside of his career and that he doesn’t think much of the Bears’ prospects this season.

Asked about Sayers saying he wasn’t impressed with the Bears, Urlacher pointed out that the Bears never had a particularly impressive record during Sayers’ career.

“Let me ask you a question: ‘How many championships did Gale Sayers win?”’ Urlacher told the Chicago Tribune. “How many playoff games did he win when he played? None. None. None.”

Urlacher is blunt, but he is correct: It is true that the Bears never made the playoffs during Sayers’ career, which spanned from 1965 to 1971.

On the other hand, does the fact that Sayers’ Bears never made the playoffs invalidate Sayers’ opinions? Sayers is, after all, one of the greatest players in Bears history. Shouldn’t that accord him a little more respect from Urlacher?

Apparently Urlacher doesn’t think so.

“Does [Sayers] know how to win football games? Does he? No. How are you going to criticize someone else when you haven’t done it yourself? He’s one of our own, so that’s why it’s so frustrating,” Urlacher said.

When told of Urlacher’s comments, Sayers said that when he previously criticized the Bears, he was merely giving an honest answer to a question about what kind of team they’d have in 2010.

“When I am asked a question, I have to answer it,” Sayers said. “I don’t want anybody to think I am afraid to talk about the Bears. . . . Right now, the Bears are hurting. . . . And Urlacher, how old is he anyway [Urlacher will turn 32 on Tuesday]? He should know that himself, that he is on the downside of his career.”

Urlacher doesn’t like to hear that.

“Does it bother me?” Urlacher said. “There are enough people throwing daggers at us right now, why does one of our ex-players have to jump in? There are enough experts talking [crap] about us, so why does a Bear, an all-time great, have to jump in? I just don’t like that.”

If Urlacher doesn’t like Sayers talking [crap] about the Bears, he might be better off taking the high road, and not talking [crap] about Sayers.
    ---------------------------------------
    A little blast from the past...Not that most of us really need any, but further proof BU is a clueless, classless a-hole...

#17 Wolfman, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,771ß
    [​IMG] informative x1

9. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,241ß
    How did Ditka act after being fired??

Urlacher can learn a thing or two from Ditka. Ditka got a raw deal! All his players lost, and had his hands tied. STFU Urlacher!

My respect for Urlacher is just about gone with his bullshit comments.

10. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,923ß
    I liked Urlacher as a player but smashing Cutler shows low character. Smashing Sayers is just stupid, Urlacher could not hold Sayers jockstrap and would of looked like an idiot trying to tackle him. Who's next Brian---- Dick Butkus, DaCoach, maybe Payton long as your on running backs. Screw Urlacher, after comments like this I hope he never has his day.