Vegas has us and the Lions winning 8 games this year. Green Bay a top-5 team in the NFL.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, May 19, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,402 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    819ß
    Just released:

LINK to the article

Get your money ready: Vegas releases win totals for 2014 season

Denver Broncos -- 11
    Seattle Seahawks -- 11
    New England Patriots -- 10.5
    San Francisco Patriots -- 10.5
    Green Bay Packers -- 10
    New Orleans Saints -- 9.5
    Indianapolis Colts -- 9.5
    Cincinnati Bengals -- 9
    Philadelphia Eagles -- 9
    Baltimore Ravens -- 8.5
    Pittsburgh Steelers -- 8.5

Detroit Lions -- 8
    Chicago Bears -- 8

Atlanta Falcons -- 8
    Carolina Panthers -- 8
    Kansas City Chiefs -- 8
    San Diego Chargers -- 8
    Dallas Cowboys -- 8
    Miami Dolphins -- 8
    Houston Texans -- 7.5
    New York Giants -- 7.5
    Arizona Cardinals -- 7.5
    St. Louis Rams -- 7.5
    Washington Redskins -- 7.5
    Tennessee Titans -- 7
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- 7
    New York Jets -- 7
    Cleveland Browns -- 6.5
    Buffalo Bills -- 6.5

Minnesota Vikings -- 6
    Oakland Raiders -- 5
    Jacksonville Jaguars -- 4.5
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,872 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,627ß
    Meh. Probably based on that road schedule we open with plus a Sunday/Thursday sequence Thanksgiving week. I'd say we need to be far more prepared week one this year than were last year.

Five of the first eight games are on the road including SF, Carolina, and NE on the road. Tough way to open a season and hope to do any better than 5-3 and it could be worse at 3-5 which really puts us in a hole. Gotta come out playing playoff caliber football right from the get go if we expect to win 10 or 11 games.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    805ß
    I think 8 is too few even with the schedule
    • Like Like x 1
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,018 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,051ß
    Lets also remember that Vegas is looking to make people bet 1 way or another to get money on the side they really want, they aren't all about looking at the schedule and saying the team will win this much soley based on talent and strength of schedule.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Loki

Loki Assault Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,506 / 17 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    611ß
    Because "Strength of Schedule" is a collegiate barometer?
  6. JoeBear

JoeBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    Oh well, if the odds makers says so, I guess we should toss in the towel now. Did they say which 8 games we will win? This way we only need to waste time watching those games.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    365ß
    Post the odds from last year.

P.S. I would wager all my money on the fourth ranked San Francisco Patriots.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    414ß
    Liike Ric said, these are the opening lines. They move up and down as the public decides. Vegas readjusts based on where the money is going. Betting is also what changes the point spread, even if Vegas doesn't want to, as best demonstrated in SB XLII.

If you don't know that, it's understandable to say "we're being disrespected." However, we should wait until much closer to kickoff before actually freaking out about what Vegas' odds are.

I'm not suggesting this, but if you truly believe in the Bears, you would want to invest now, rather than later, as Chicago has one of the larger fanbases, and the predicted wins may increase by one or two.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,018 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,051ß
    guarantee the reason they put GB at 10, is b/c anything less and the bets all would have went to the over. Right now I bet only a small majority go w/the over b/c 10 is a high number for a team that only won 8 games last year.
  10. rich1978

rich1978 Veteran

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    buyer of jags (4.5) and bears (8) there, seller of cowboys (8) and chiefs (8)

hold me to that next Jan ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. rich1978

rich1978 Veteran

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß
    sell phins at 8 too
    • Like Like x 1
  12. rich1978

rich1978 Veteran

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    95ß

nah opposite, they want equal money both sides of the bet so they have no risk, then when it comes in bang on their number, both sides lose and they cackle all the way to the bank.

you can tell when they arent so sure as they offer the half point o/u. that way there is no 'house wins' whole integer for them to win on. what you see is what they think, sure the odds will change as they hedge themselves and if bears fans pile in it'll go up but the opening levels are the purest indication of their thoughts before the homer fans distort it and threaten their p&l

if you want to buy a popular team, buy early in pre-season, if you want to sell a popular team, sell late is usually a good rule of thumb.
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  13. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    42ß
    Aren't the odds alway in favor of the house.
  14. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    805ß
    They make the rules. Not very bright if they set them up so they themselves lose.
  15. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,872 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,627ß
    Sound like an interesting merger but how they'll deal with the egos of both Belichick and Harbaugh is way beyond me.
  16. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,872 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,627ß
    Rich has it spot on. The house wants to create a "middle" were the odds are set to balance out the betting so it equalizes as much as possible. The losers pay and the house takes a rake on the winners so as long as the house can balance their book they can't lose.

I've got a good friend who bets college FB and BB like a guy who handicaps horses and he's pretty damn good at it. Doesn't know much about the NFL so he calls me for some poop if he wants to lay a bet. I don't gamble so I can live vicariously through his bets. LOL
  17. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    414ß
    I'd buy hard on the Jags, if I had the money. Their division isn't all that great, AND they're not having to play the NFC & AFC West this year, as opposed to last year, when they still had 4.
  18. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    805ß
    So here are the games that they are expected to win along with the margins for loss of their opponents.

Chicago Bears (8): Buffalo (-6.5), Green Bay (-1.5), Miami (-6), Minnesota (-7), Tampa Bay (-6), Dallas (-4.5), New Orleans (-3), Detroit (-4).

So the Bears are being picked to split with all three teams in the division.
    Those are three losses right there. I don't see us splitting with the Vikings, so there is one more win right there. And they show the Bears winning against NO. Not a team I would have picked to lose to the Bears. Where do they get this stuff?
  19. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,402 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    819ß
    This prediction was from Fox Sports. Fox used the same guy who does their hard-hitting political news analysis and commentary, 'Beetlejuice Wally' & his amazing feline friend, 'Tinkerbell the Wonder Cat'

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  20. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,872 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,627ß
    It's all just preliminary fluff right now. There are so many factors that could affect these games between now and then that these spreads are pretty meaningless for much else other than entertainment.

What happens to these results if the Bears lose Cutler or the Packers lose Rodgers or Stafford or Brees in Detroit and NOLA. What happens if Teddy Bridgewater plays like the OROY and he and AP boost that offense up the way the Bears came alive last year?

Shoot we haven't even gotten through the OTAs yet let alone camps and preseason so even predicting wins and losses is just a wild guess let alone predicting spreads. If the Bears don't do any better than 8-8 again there are gonna be some hard questions asked about why. We also need to win the division which to me mean no less than 4-2 against the NFCN and preferably 5-1. I'll give the Pack one game but not Minny or Detoilet.

If this team can't go at least 10-6 I'm gonna be very disappointed. There are pundits out there calling them ready to challenge for a SB berth and yet Vegas see 8-8? Somebody is way off base.