Vikings at Bears: What I'm Looking For (a Vikings perspective)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 14, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,174 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    Interesting to see how the Vikes fans view tomorrow's game. I do agree, that the Vikings should (and I think they will) come out with a fierce intensity. They should come at us with a playoff-level intensity. We need to meet that and swat them down like a fly. Step on their neck, now, and take them out of the division race for this season. Two division losses for the Vikes, right out of the chute, pretty much ends their season.

2. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +214 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    I'm nervous about the weather tomorrow. Although things can change in 24 hours, it looks like rain all day tomorrow. I think that is advantage Vikings, as the passing games could be affected and they will be running more. No?
  3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,429 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    351ß
    Well, the funny thing about sloppy fields and bad weather (this is especially true for Soldier field), the offenses generally have the upper hand, because they know where they're trying to go, while the defense has to react to them. AP could destroy us with the running game, as that generally also makes blitzing and whatnot more difficult, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

With that said, I've always hated "Chicago Bears weather", and think the Bears should play in a dome, or at least on a field that isn't consistently voted the worst in the NFL on an annual basis.

Also, whatever Lovie was doing to prepare the team for bad weather games DID NOT WORK. I'm putting my faith in Trestman to figure out what to do here.
  4. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    hope the D scores 4 TDs

Man soo much desperation and so soon ,.. Doesn't have too much confidence in the Girls I see

HE SHOULDN'T
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,174 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    513ß
    At least it will be cooler. I think we do better in cooler weather. If it rains tomorrow, that's no excuse for either team. Both teams have to play in the same conditions. Best team wins.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +602 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    244ß
    Since Ponder has limited experience with inclimate weather I would think that would bode well for the Bears. Making Vikes 1 dimensional which I think they already are will be even more limited. So fill the gaps and clean up the tackling and this could lead to quick 3 and outs. Trestman said he feels wind has more effect in the passing game then rain or even snow so with Jay's arm I think that gives us the upper hand. So if I was a betting man and it's raining the Bears I feel will blow out the spread. (just my 2 cents)