Was Seattle's Sunday Performance More Dominant Than the '85 Bears?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Feb 3, 2014.

1. 4dabers

4dabers
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I think if you go back and watch that game, which I did earlier this year (I have the whole 1985 season on DVD), it would be clear. Yesterdays performance by the Seahawks was impressive, but I think the comparisons are only being made because of; 1. the score and 2. the length of time past. The memory of the 85 Bears is getting a little cloudy these days. I know I'm a homer, but Superbowl XX still stands as the most dominating Defensive spectacle in SB history.

• Like Like x 4
  2. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

He doesn't cost that now...but he will.

3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

I would have to say 85 Bears, this Seahawks team, then the 00 Ravens. The Bears gave up a FG from a fumble and only gave up a TD when their backups were in. The starting QB was pulled, because he was shell shocked. Peyton Manning was clearly off of his game last night, so even a team with an average pass rush would have ended him early (he was forced to dink and dunk because he simply could not throw it deep, even without pressure). Not to say the Seahawks didn't completely destroy the Broncos, but the 85 bears went Genghis Khan on the Patriots, and even with a 2007 Tom Brady, weren't going to give up many points

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Butkus, depends, if young cheap qb's that don't produce huge #'s(kaep/wilson etc) continue to goto the sb and even win a few, the contracts for your average qb might go down. If Wilson does cost that much then they'll be in the Dal/Chi/SD range while teams that followed their model will be in the SB.

5. butkus3595

butkus3595
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

He will cost that much...look at Flacco. As for the "model" how often do teams hit on 3rd round qb's?

6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

New era, doesn't have to be a 3rd round, a 1st pick qb in todays draft is every bit cheaper then the FT cost of todays vet qb. Flacco and that teams rapid demise, as well as SF and Sea continued success are what is going to potentially turn the tide. If Sea/SF have to pay their qb's 16-20 mil, then they'll start to fail also, which will further the point that you cannot pay average qb's like they are tier 1 franchise guys.

7. Bear_40

Bear_40
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

SF ans SEA both have their qb's for one more season on their rookie contracts I believe, then they'll be writing the big checks.

8. short faced bear

short faced bear
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

I'd say that's right on. The Bears only allowed 10 points in 3 playoff games and without starters Al Harris and Todd Bell. Another difference is the qb's back then would stand and deliver the pass then take the hit. Mr. Brittle Manning didn't even want anyone touching his shadow w/o getting happy feet and throwing the checkdown and bubble screen. Looked like a Mike Tice offense out there. :10_4_1[1]:

• Like Like x 1
  9. 4th and 26

4th and 26
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

Ditka would pick the bears over the seahawks.

• Like Like x 2
  10. kevperro

kevperro
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

It was better in terms of the quality of the opponent. If you look at the entire playoffs the 85 Bears were dominant in every game... not just one. And there was an inevitability about the 85 Bears that wasn't there with the Seahawks.

• Like Like x 1