Was Trestman the pick of the litter?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Aug 20, 2013.

1. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears

I know people like to make fun of Emery being smartest guy in the room on his picks but that's not the way he goes about his work. Both he and Trestman have a humble attitude to the way they make decisions and they are based on solid evidence based information from many sources not just from their own opinions. That is what makes these 2 guys a perfect fit for working together. When their decision process is done the right way is why Emery's picks start to magically look good. Bear fans are used to decisions makers having the "I know best method" and that's why you hired me "trust me I know what I'm doing." "Evidence based information" that's incredibly important to me when I hear those words that eliminates a lot of the bull. We are so used to seeing good ol' buddy system in the past in Bears organization. Using this new system is why we are seeing a whole new O-line today and drafts that can actually play football along with coaching personal that actually know something. This going to be different year almost a rebirth for Bears organization as a whole.
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01

Shea and Long, regardless of performance were both reaches, Shea might well not be worth the 19th pick, and Long might well prove he was, but that is a gamblers mentality and in the 1st I don't like it.
    He seems to settle down and do much better in every other round though. Emery is the polar opposite of Angelo when it comes to mid-late round talent...and he's showing he can do it on both sides of the ball.
  3. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears

Shea was a reach Long was a no brainer after you get all the inside info they had on Long.
  4. JPosh2012

JPosh2012

I agree with Shea being a reach. Regarding Long being a reach I still think the jury is out on that one. But I do agree that having a gamblers mentality is not a good thing to have in the 1st round. Late rounds that's a different story but you have to be smart about it.
  5. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

You can't argue that Long was a reach. He's a very talented player that more than likely would not have been available to the Bears in RD 2. If the Bears were picking in the top 10 and took Long, I'd call that a reach. I wouldn't call that a reach at #20. Besides they also needed to get a LB within the first 2 rds. They were in a tough spot needing to address the OL. They did the next best thing by drafting a guy very similar to Nate Solder's ability, but even more talented.