We are NOT going to a 3-4

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Nov 1, 2013.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,214 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    255ß
    I agree completely. And even though I'm no fan of Tucker, I imagine he will get an "injury/aging pass" and be back like it or not. The heat will be on Emery to overhaul the D roster and he is going to have to work some magic in FA as a part of that. There are too many holes to fill exclusively through the draft (which I agree is how you'd rather do it), especially if you also want to pick a QB in the front half. We need 2 DLs, a CB, and a S somehow.

Figure it out, Phil.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +324 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    232ß
    and what is your opinion of women wearing pants, riczaj01? :)
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,875 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    865ß
    I would prefer they were not wearing any
  4. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +324 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    232ß
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,981 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    993ß
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,558 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    759ß
    All true Jimmors. The only issue I might have with it is that at this point, my confidence in Tucker to be able to run an already successful defense is pretty low. My confidence for him to acutally transition from one scheme to another (hybrid 3-4 or whatever) is even less. I do not see him as a good custodian, much less an architect of a new D.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +324 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    232ß
    Let's hire Rob Ryan away from the Saints!!!! :4_8_4v[1]: at least that is my "special dream!" (since Buddy is too old to return).
  8. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,558 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    759ß
    That's a good view on it. Literally...
  9. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    He needs to be an OLB. Just think Greene-Bostic-McClellin LB Corps of the future right there.
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    779ß
    +1
    I mentioned this in another thread, but it belongs here too. I honestly didn't know much about Tucker's coaching background until I was reading up on it tonight. The guy has proven to be a pretty solid coach in his career. In light of that, it makes me think he's probably not the problem, but more of a victim of inheriting a unit that lacked the solid personnel to be successful this year. I'd like to see Emery give the D the attention it needs, and also to let Tucker run HIS defense - not Lovie's. Then see if the guy is a solid coach or not. Give the guy the resources needed to succeed. Don't handcuff him by making him run a past coaches defense. Turn him loose to sink or swim.
  11. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,558 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    759ß
    JABF, his record is actually pretty good, I agree. All well and good, but I am not seeing it. Maybe he needs an all star cast or something, but we actually had some solid people. IDK.... He will be here next year. If he turns it around then I will be very happy. Maybe he is not very good at improvising. Some coaches seem to be able to motivate the troops to play through injuries, typhoons, earthquakes and all manner of natural disasters. Others, not so much.

If I saw a motivated group every week, I would say that he has them fighting every week and the injuries are just too much to push through. I just don't see that fight though, so I'm not buying it. Is it because he got stuck with Marinelli's top 5 defensive scheme and he couldn't put in his own. I should be so lucky to inherit a top 5 defense with the same players and be told just not to change anything... Just make sure it doesn't fall apart.

Like I said, he had a get rep, but I don't see it and I have my doubts. Tice also came in with a great rep at OL. I don't believe reps. I believe in results.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    484ß
    Who is the leader of our defense? That is a serious question.

Most teams have a player leader, others have a coach leader, and a few lucky ones have both. We don't have either. Briggs and Peppers aren't leaders. Tillman is probably closest, but at CB is not "in position" to lead per se.

I'm unsure what to think about blame placement, I just know we won't solve a damned thing until we can find our leader, regardless of scheme.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    I agree I want the tampa 2 gone. I would love a more man blitz scheme esp considering the personnel we have. As far a 3-4 Phils words keep saying that hes not going to it, but his actions speak otherwise. If we are in fact not going to a 3-4 then the Shea pick was possibly the stupidest pick in recent memory. If we are going to stay 4-3 I hope Phil is trying to move Shea to a 3-4 team for his sake and ours.
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    779ß
    That is a great point. It's just a bunch of guys milling around out there going through the motions. Leaderless. No passion.