We will be getting a QB in the next draft

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by ChiCityBears, Aug 10, 2013.

1. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,149 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,536ß
    Oh. so your dad writes for Bleacher Report? No wonder that place is so bad.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    Heres a list of the top 10 qb's next year, its from football.com

http://www.football.com/en-us/2014-nfl-draft-prospects-quarterbacks/

Not sure the Bears will get any, since they will probably not take one in the 1st or 2nd(depending on how Cutler plays) but It's a solid crop, I perfer guys that didn't have a ton of talent surrounding them in college as it seems to help them in the NFL(see manning/brees/rogers) so a guy like

9. Bryn Renner, North Carolina

6-3, 225

2012 season: 276-422, 65.4%, 3,356 yds., 28 TDs, 7 INTs

Renner enters his third year as the Tar Heels starter with back-to-back 3,000-yard seasons on his resume. And yet he seems to be an afterthought of a prospect. He runs an offensive system that likes to press the pace, and he’s been given a lot of latitude to change plays at the line of scrimmage after getting a first read of the defense. He’s not flashy, he’s not going to rip off a highlight reel run. He just makes the right throw to the right receiver. That may sound like a really nice way to call a quarterback a “game manager,” but Renner may turn out to be more than that.

or
    7. David Fales, San Jose State

6-3, 220

2012 season: 327-451, 72.5% (led nation), 33 TDs, 9 INTs

Fales hasn’t thrown a pass since the fourth quarter of San Jose State’s Military Bowl victory over Bowling Green back in December. Yet, somehow his stock is rocketing up mock draft boards this spring. It could be that people are turning away from the 2012 bummer crop of quarterbacks and looking for anything to get excited and optimistic about for next year. Maybe they stumbled upon a guy who they discovered completed 72.5 percent of his passes, threw for 33 touchdowns and nearly 4,200 yards, and became immediately intrigued. The buzz feels a little like Fales is everyone’s wise-guy pick in the Derby, so everyone can say they spotted him first. Still, the attention is not entirely undeserved. Fales shows tremendous patience and presence, standing in the pocket under pressure, waiting as long as he can before having to make his throw. He has a quick release and a strong arm, able to deliver a ball on the money on the run or even when he’s unable to step into his throw. But his numbers do seem the result of a short passing-centric approach, one that encourages high percentage throws and a lot of YAC. Fales improved dramatically over the course of 2012, his first FBS season. If he continues to develop and prove he can make the intermediate and deep throws, he will validate a lot of this early excitement. And then remember . . . you read about him here first.

or

1. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville

6-foot-3, 218 pounds

2012 season: 287-419, 68.5%, 3,718 yds., 27 TDs, 8 INTs

There is no disputing Bridgewater’s athleticism, but please don’t mistake him for a running quarterback. In 2012, he was credited with 74 rushing attempts – only eight more than Geno Smith, who was universally chided for being unwilling to run the football. Yes, when Bridgewater is forced to run, he does so effectively and flashes great speed. But he’s no one-read-and-run guy; this is a quarterback who uses his ridiculously quick feet to stay alive under pressure long enough to find somewhere to throw the football. His eyes are constantly downfield, even under a rush, always looking for an open receiver. Bridgewater is comfortable with his progressions, is willing to take the checkdown throw when he must, and seems not to make bad decisions where to go with the ball. He doesn’t force throws, though an arm like that might tempt other quarterbacks to do so. Bridgewater is highly accurate on most routes, even throws he makes on the run. He runs a pro-style offense, manages a steady mix of personnel and formations, and has all the tools the NFL looks for in a passer. The athleticism and, yes, the threat to run the football is gravy.

not saying the Bears will have a shot at any of them, but guys from small schools that put up mid 60's or better comp % are what you need in todays nfl, and they need to be a tinge elusive
  4. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,149 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,536ß
    Football.com. A much more respected site than Bleacher Report.
  5. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    ya crazy huh.
  6. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
  7. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    If renner were to fall to the Bears at in the 3rd i'd be upset if they didn't take him, he's smart and runs an effiecent O. Not sure(if the report holds true) that the 9th best qb prospect will last into the 3rd but i'd be happy w/the bears to grab him if he did.
  8. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,149 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,536ß
  9. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    lol it's a joke and cnnnews dropped SI for them. I couldn't stop laughing when they did that. What little respect I had for them was completely lost when they went from respectable sports site to the hack that is bleacher.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    What you want to listen to ESPN? They put Jamarcus Russell as the best pick in a past draft. They also plastered that one DT or DE (Harrison?) who could jump out of a pool standing up.
  11. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,149 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,536ß
    No, not ESPN. But BR makes ESPN look like they know what they are talking about.
  12. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,658ß
    Cutler is a fine QB and we can win with him. My real concern is that he will still get more pressure than I would like. Webb is still Webb apparently. Only one pre-season game and the person we hear getting beat is Webb. Didn't see the game so don't know if others on the line were also getting beat (I read that the later quarters had our line looking pretty bad and Blanchard was getting sacked too often) but it seems that Webb is getting his share of attention for getting beat. Not how you want to read about yourself. Who else do we have that go in at RT and play? Anyone worth a damn?
  13. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    So, you guys know more than them? Maybe both of you work in the NFL now or have worked in it. Will it be a good reason why you have a man crush for JC?
  14. stonehouse91

stonehouse91 Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    They hired Mike Freeman to give them a semblance of credibility except Mike Freeman is borderline at best.

Bleacher Report is bad.

Cutler will never be the best QB in the league, or even in the NFCN, doesn't mean we need to get rid of him. Would you rather have him or Ponder? Because for every Cam Newton there is a Blaine Gabbert who will cost people their jobs and very well could be a leap back.

I'm not making excuses for him, he does look bad at times, he also looks like a pro-bowler at times.

However, don't make a statement for a guy off of one quarter in the first preseason game, with a new head coach, a new system and little effort to game plan for the Panthers.

Not excuses but just logically, not a large enough sample size to make a franchise changing decision.
  15. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
  16. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,149 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,536ß
    A toddler knows more than them. After all, they are not real writers, don't have real connections. At the end of the day, they are like us. Fans with opinions. Nothing more. So using them as a news source is a joke. And people who use them as a source for their arguments is a joke as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    know more then them? just reading an actual news source gives me more knowledge then them....w/out that we are both probably as good as them.

Really your suggesting Benj and I have a man crush on JC? Really? REALLY? Just don't feel the need to take a polar opposite view in hopes people can see how stupid I am. I was adament the Bears needed to draft a qb this year in the 1st-4th rounds, and I stated in this thread they need to draft one next year in the 3rd-4th) depending on how Cuthead plays. I'm actually one of Cutty's biggest critics on this site, while I don't defend the OL, WR's, or OC's, I sure to hell will not put it all on them either.

You really are nothing more then a troll, i'm done.

Chi be trollin, he be hatin, perpetratin', he tries to bate me, but i be written, written dirty.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,658ß
    That placement is based on past performance. Hopefully, under Trestman, that will be different. Also, it's Aaron, not Erin, but I have no idea why you think JC needs to play a perfect game to beat him. He just needs to score one more point than they do. Teams rarely put out perfect games, and half of them still win.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    So just looking at the past 3-4 drafts, it wouldn't be hard to get a top 5-8 qb in rounds 3 or 4. With the current crop expected to come out I think it would be a really good idea to see the team take one and run with it....as long as it's not jonny football, no need for drunks w/bad decision making and rich white boy complex.
  20. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz: