We will be getting a QB in the next draft

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by ChiCityBears, Aug 10, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,620 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    OJ, nah it's not worth it, that sites more dead then the old db site after it crashed. it makes ghost towns seem lively.
  2. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:

Apparently SoulMan you don't watch a lot of CFB. I watch plenty of it. And neither Bridgewater or Manziel is the top talent at QB in this next coming draft. But they are both outstanding talents and are among the 6-7 options the Bears have. You may actually want to watch more CFB this fall to get acquainted with just how QB rich this next draft is.

And I think its safe to say that you probably don't watch a lot of CFB, which is why you hold onto the failure of Jay Cutler, like he's your blankie. That's the trouble with people like you. Come draft time, you haven't a clue as to who's a talented player and who isn't. You need the Mel Kipers of the world to school you on guys you never even watch. lol
  3. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    LOL OMG you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Google is your friend. You can still find many of the scouting reports showing NFL GMs preferred Manning over Leaf in almost a 2-1 ratio. And that's hilarious you posting about there being questions about Manning's arm strength and ability to make all throws, because there never was any question about those 2 things.
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Hoorah! Can I just like this post a few dozen times and then check out of this thread for good?
  5. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,280 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    230ß
    Is this really the O.P. from the old site or is someone ghosting him? Can't remember the O.P. going off the reservation like this. Usually good reads.
  6. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Did I hear a noise in here that sounded like an unintelligible grunt? Nope? Well must have just been someone breaking wind or an echo from an older post. Seems these echoes happen a lot around here lately. o_O (must be the hollow logic, it stinks of it you know)

Nothin' to see here folks, nothing at all, just move on. I'm turning out the lights and shutting the door now.:p (maybe it's rats too, I dunno)
  7. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +487 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    99ß
    D, it's not "fact" it's your opinion. And 6-7 is a bit of a absurd number that would be an instant upgrade.

Is there a QB(s)in the next draft that in 5 years will be better than Cutler? Fairly likely.

Is there an instant upgrade out there? Possibly, but that is a tall order.

Can either be proven as of now as "fact"? Absolutely not, it's impossible.

It's all about the right guy, in the right place at the right time. And we can't know/say for sure
    • Like Like x 2
  8. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,620 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    Grizz,
    Right now I think it's not as hard for young talented college qb's to come in and start and play at an average level. If Cutler continues to turn the ball over nearly as often has he throw's TD's then yes there are probably 6-7 qb's in a qb deep NFL draft(not saying 2014 year is that btw) that can play as well as him instantly. They might not have the arm or the mobility(although that is becoming more and more common) but if they have the understanding of ball protection and they have an average arm they would be an upgrade.

But all of that is moot if Cutler actually pulls his head out of his backside and plays w/in the system and stops turning the ball over so much.
  9. AtomicTommy

AtomicTommy DaBears Ditka

Ratings:
    +2,852 / 13 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    314ß
    I think you just didn't understand what he said (shocking...). Literally NOTHING he said was incorrect. It is a FACT that there were many experts (fyi... experts =/= NFL GM) that thought Leaf would be the better of the QBs and Manning would bust. Your "NFL GMs preferring Manning over Leaf 2-1" argument literally has NOTHING to do with what BDM said.

Just because you don't remember it, and it didn't turn out to be true, doesn't mean that didn't happen...

Again... this is why nobody takes you seriously... It literally might be because everyone is talking beyond your comprehension level...
    • Like Like x 2
  10. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Anytime you spend a high draft pick on a QB it's no more or no less of gamble that any other position. There are no guarantees. Sometimes a 2nd round pick turns out to be Colin Kaepernick and sometimes you get this.

[​IMG]
    Rookie New York Jets QB Geno Smith suffers through a ‘brutal’ practice, according to Rex Ryan[​IMG]

By Frank Schwab | Shutdown Corner – 17 hours ago

Rex Ryan wasn't thrilled with how Geno Smith practiced on Wednesday.

No, really. The Jets coach gave a scathing review of his rookie quarterback's practice that you simply won't hear very often, unless you're in a NFL team's meeting room.

There's probably only one coach in the league who's willing to sum up a player's practice like this:

"It was brutal," Ryan said. "That was Geno's worst day. Obviously the ankle is part of it. But way too many picks. He did not look comfortable today."

Oh really, Rex?

"We've seen guys have bad days, but this was a really bad day for Geno," he said.

Yikes. But that's all, right? No?

"There's no other way to put it: It was a bad day today," Ryan said.

Hmmm, but how do you really feel about how Geno practiced?

"These days happen, but you don't expect them to happen," Ryan said.

Hoooo, man. Would hate to see Ryan's Yelp reviews on places that give him bad service.

There's a good reason Smith struggled in practice. His ankle, which he hurt last week against Detroit, isn't right yet. He's refusing to miss any practices, and that probably will earn him some respect in the locker room, but it won't help him in the battle with Mark Sanchez to be the starter by the season opener. Ryan couldn't rule out Smith sitting out Saturday's preseason game against Jacksonville, although the fact Smith hasn't missed practice presumably means he'll play. When asked if his ankle is limiting him, Smith simply said, "Not one bit."

"I wasn’t trying to really show them anything other than get out here and just continue to practice and gel with my teammates," Smith said about practicing through his injury, according to the team's transcript. "I hate the fact that everybody tries to make this about me, because it’s not. It’s about this team and these guys out here and we all work hard together. Everybody is out there battling injuries."

Ryan said he wasn't ready to name a starter for the preseason game against the Jets, and he said that he hasn't seen enough from either quarterback to name a permanent starter. One thing is clear: Smith needs to avoid any more practices like he had Wednesday if he wants to win the job.
  11. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Ode to Jay
    Thanks for Kobe Bryant anti-team, me first mentality
    Watching you bit@$C and complain about your O-line and receivers sets such a good example for our youth
    You are a true Chicago hero
    We all want to be like you
  12. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,276 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,686ß
    i feel like I just walked into the middle of a movie
  13. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    WTF was that all about? Have you even read anything Trestman has said about Cutler's work and his attitude? I guess not because this is just one more groundless pile of crap that's based in what's in your head and has zero to do with reality.
  14. stonehouse91

stonehouse91 Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I understand that, but he was pointing out that "Cutler" only beat one "good" team each year. He was making his argument using W/L.

To me, I don't like the uncertainty of deciding to scrap and rebuild. I am quite confident, the Bears will draft a QB next draft, whether that is in the 1st round or 4th depends on Cutler. Good organizations do it, hope we model ourselves after the 49er's, Patriots, Giants are doing it, Denver did it with Osweiler, Packers, Steelers drafted a QB to groom, if you're going to be a good team, must have depth and must have it at the most key position.

Personally I was really hoping we'd get Dysert this year or Tyler Wilson. I would love for Dysert to be cut and then signed to our practice squad but I highly doubt that would happens.
  15. blinddeafmute

blinddeafmute DaBears Ditka

Ratings:
    +1,441 / 5 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    You're right, I don't know anything. From a sports illustrated article near the draft in 1998.

"All the panelists except Shanahan and Toledo, both of whom did extensive analyses of their own videos of Manning and Leaf before being interviewed, watched SI-provided game tapes. The group shot down the popular belief that Manning can't throw the deep ball."

Shows that it was, in fact, in question. You might also not recall all of the dead ducks he threw his first few seasons....

Manning didn't become the clear lead until Leaf screwed things up for himself. It wasn't until close to the draft that Manning became the clear front runner for many.
    • Like Like x 3
  16. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,156 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,565ß
    I love the Jay Cutler threads!
    • Like Like x 3
  17. AtomicTommy

Ratings:
    +2,852 / 13 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    314ß
    They're better than Grossman vs. Orton threads!
    • Like Like x 1
  18. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,620 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    nothing was better then the Rx v drunken kneckbeard threads....the troll levels got people ready for the > Tebow threads.

Speaking of which:

Brady's sprained knee > healthy Mallett > Tebow
  19. AtomicTommy

Ratings:
    +2,852 / 13 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    314ß
    I have to laugh tho... I mean... for all that we've put up with over the last 25-30 years under center... I find it amazing there are fans gunning for Cutler at all... haha

And I'm only going back to Jimmy Mac... who wasn't even a very good QB...
    • Like Like x 1
  20. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,620 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    No one is gunning for Cutler, I think even MrD will be happy that he suceeds. But there is legit reason to wonder if he won't be the right guy, and if he isn't and he gets a 20mil deal the team is just further set back.