We will be getting a QB in the next draft

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by ChiCityBears, Aug 10, 2013.

1. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Let us all hope that Cutler plays good tonight so we do not have to speculate on his future.
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,631 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    279ß
    Who you crappin? No matter how he performs tonight, you are still going to say that the Bears need to cut ties with him.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    If Cutler played well in the last game, I would not have written this post. Cutlerception, sack, etc.
  4. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,631 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    279ß
    So.... you let a preseason game change your mind about someone?
  5. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    You are whining like a fat woman.
  6. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,631 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    279ß
    Funny, because you change your mind like one.

But, I am not whining. I just laugh at how much of a windsock you are
  7. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Attack the messenger because of the message he delivers and not the message itself. It seems to be the ethos of people on here. Do not attack Jay because he sucks, but attack the person who says he sucks.
  8. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,631 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    279ß
    Not attacking you. Just find it funny how willing you are to flip sides of the argument based on a quarter of play in a preseason game.

If you think he sucks, have at it. Hold your ground. Don't cave to the pressure of the board because he looked good in a preseason game. One good quarter of a preseason game should not change your strong opinion that he should not be here next year. Nor should it change the mind of anyone in the Cutler camp if he throws an INT every time he drops back.

Only reason I said anything is because of your willingness to change your mind week to week. You remind me Nerrad. That man changed his damn mind about a player more than people change their damn underware.
  9. exsomnio

exsomnio Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Cutler just got intercepted after the D put the O in striking distance. How is your love affair with Cutlerception now?
  10. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I would support this 100%. 2014 will be a much better class than 2013.
  11. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,486 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    314ß
    According to the announcers the team is very high on Blanchard, hope they either develop him and get him into the backup role, or just get a real talent in the draft. Either way they better get it right for the teams sake. I'd still perfer a legit talent over a udfa prospect, but if the team is that sold on the kid, who am I to judge.

I sucks he got hurt, McCown was cringe worthy and I would have liked to see what B could do if the OL would give him some time to throw.
  12. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,486 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    314ß
    I'm going to notch the Marshal single mindedness to him not being there last week and Cutler wanting to get him some reps, but if that shit happens again this year, the team is going to be boned and you might well see the Bears drafting another QB.
    That pick might have been the worst I have ever seen him throw, at no time did Marshal ever have a chance to catch that ball. That was embarrassing, and it's the type of play that again makes me think about Woodson saying they know Cutler will eventually throw them the ball. It's also what I worry when I think about how Forte can so easily get this O moving, but then Cutler just goes to his fall back Marshal and it slows the O right back down.
    Where has Bennett been, other then getting beat on that sack and saving his own ass by recovering the fumble? Why not throw to Jeffery or Anderson?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,024 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    46ß
    What happened to Blanchard?
  14. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,024 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    46ß
    Never mind. Worse than I thought. Here is what I found.

ESPNChicago.com's Michael C. Wright tweeted "Matt Blanchard has a fracture on his left knuckle. They'll need to get a QB". CSNChicago.com's John Mullin also tweeted: hand injury requiring x-rays for Bears 3d QB Matt Blanchard - not what he or Bears need for a promising young QB.
  15. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +276 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Meh, rub some dirt in it and get back on the field, Matt.
  16. MrDynamite32

MrDynamite32 Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Ah, yes, the age old Jay Cutler debate. I'm gonna put my 2 cents in.

When he's good, he's lights out. When he's bad, he's garbage. There's no middle ground when it comes to his performance. I do believe that it's do or die time for him, though, being in a contract year and all. If he has the same roller-coaster performance he's had since he came here this year, the Bears will be shopping for another QB, IMO.
  17. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,484 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    734ß
    Oh it makes perfect sense when you know he doesn't suck. :p
  18. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,484 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    734ß
    So Michael C. Wright is a doctor now? A fractured knuckle on his left hand doesn't sound that serious to me when other QBs have played with similar injuries to their throwing hand. Why don't we just wait and see just how much it's gonna affect anything before we start with the "Chicken Little", oh woe is me we need another QB stuff. Since Wright isn't coaching the Bears I think I'll wait to hear what Trestman plans to do about it.
  19. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,484 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    734ß
    Now this I can't disagree with but it's still just an indication of having made a bad choice. It's his decision making that gets him in trouble and I don't quarrel with the fact that there are times when he risks far too much on his connections with Marshall. Even that TD pass was risky. Everyone in Cook County knew where the ball was going and it's only the velocity Cutler can put on that throw that keeps most guys from jumping that route because if someone does it's a quick six the other way.

And yes going to Marshall on that pick was a really poor choice and it's not as if he doesn't know it. What needs to be done, and I'm sure it will be, is for Trestman to keep reviewing those bad decisions with him until he finally begins to eliminate them. Let's just call it one very bad habit of a very good QB. But bad habits can be changed. The ball was right on the money but in this case Marshall was cut off from going for it because he was boxed out by the LB. The real problem is that 7 or 8 times out of 10 Marshall will beat the guy to the ball and make the catch or they arrive together and Marshall takes it away from him. I believe that's why Cutler takes those shots when no other QB would. Favre did that a lot too which is why he threw more picks than any other NFL QB but a lot of big plays came off throws like that too.

If Trestman doesn't want him taking those risks then he needs to sit down with him and work to eliminate them. Jeezus for the first time since he arrived he actually has a HC who can help with that and it's only one bad decision in two games so let's not get panicky about it. I'd rather have him doing it now and have Trestman call him aside and correct those bad decision than to have an OC like Martz who simply accepted them as the price you pay for running an "Air Coryell" kind of passing game. I'd be willing to bet right now that Cutler TD to Int. ratio will be far better this year than any previous year he's played in Chicago.
  20. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,486 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    314ß
    Soul, I agree it can be corrected, and I hope it is. I disagree w/how well the ball was thrown though, it looked well short b/c Marshal actually had to come back just to make a tackle, at no time did he ever have a shot at making a catch unless the ball is thrown deeper.

It's still one mistake, well and the one sack was on him b/c he just sat on the ball to long, but it's pre season and I hope Tresty can get those issues fixed.