Week 3: The Game Ball

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Sep 23, 2013.

?

Who gets the week 3 game ball?

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    Who gets it this week? Vote, discuss.
  2. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +580 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    132ß
    Tough call between Trestman and Cutty. Gonna go with Jay simply because he kept his cool, didn't do anything stupid even though the third quarter wasn't looking good at all. Nice throw to Bennett. Bennett's TD is the play of the week if you ask me.

Wasn't it nice to see a Bears team not getting humiliated on national tv?
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,476 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    285ß
    The O couldn't play w/out D turnovers so I cannot give it to them, so I'll give it to DJ Williams, I believe he forced a turnover had 2 sacks a few tackles for losses, he was all over the backfield last night.
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,476 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    285ß
    Locker Room Buzz: Chicago Bears
    September, 23, 2013
    1:00AM ET
    By Michael C. Wright | ESPN.com
    PITTSBURGH -- Observed in the locker room after the Chicago Bears40-23 win over thePittsburgh Steelers:

Deference: Bears rookie linebacker Khaseem Greene clutched in both arms several sets of team travel sweatsuits and passed them out to all of the linebackers. Asked if the gesture had anything to do with him being a rookie, Greene said, "No, I was just going to get my suit and figured I’d grab all my boys', too." Green finished the day contributing mostly on special teams. The linebacking corps as a whole totaled 12 tackles, including four for lost yardage.

[​IMG]
    WrightGame ball: Safety Major Wright ran back an interception for a touchdown and forced a fumble, in addition to contributing seven tackles, and received the game ball for his performance. Wright gripped the ball tightly as he fished a drink out of a refrigerated cooler in the middle of the locker room. “This is my first one ever,” Wright said.

Coach, QBs huddle: Quarterbacks Jay Cutler and Josh McCown huddled for several moments in front of Cutler’s locker after the game, holding what appeared to be a serious discussion. Cutler finished with a passer rating of 90.8 and threw for a touchdown. The trio seemed to be talking strategy after the game.
  5. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,006 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    225ß
    Eh, can't really justify a single performance or group to give a game ball to, each of them had their moments, but all of them were lacking in one area or another.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    I like AJ. He finally got the targets and the Steelers had to put thier #1 Corner on him.
    It really made an impact on both this game and games in the near future. Teams can not just focus on Marshall, they will need to pick thier poison.

We have shown the ability to get Forte, M. Bennett, E. Bennett, Marshall and now AJ involved in the passing game. That is a lot more to defend than simply doubling or more coverage on Marshall.
  7. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Though one! There wasn't one that did stood up and made me say: Gameball for sure!
    Wright did really nice, pick 6 and FF.
    Williams showed up big time.
    Trestman had an overall good game plan and took the chance to challenge two times in the same game!
    Forte did again have a nice game with good rushes.
    But I'm going with Cutler. He did perform solid. Once again he found way to the endzone when it really mattered.
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,851 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    103ß
    After thinking about it, I came to this same conclusion. It was a team win. A number of people contributed, and all of their efforts were needed. Everyone, including Trestman, needs to keep improving. Not that they're bad, but to keep moving closer and closer to their ceiling......both as individuals AND as a team. You get the feeling that the ceiling is pretty high for this team, but they have a long ways to go to reach it.
  9. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +444 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    46ß
    When you lose the mojo it's tough to get it back sometimes. That hit Cutty gave told the team lets stop F'around and finish this like real football players. This always fires up the team when the leader shows by example. That inner drive fire is what Webb will never have to play football. You either have or you don't. Game ball is easy pick its the franchise player for Bears sorry haters but you are stuck with him for the next 4 years.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. hoth

hoth Veteran

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    great contributions came on single plays, the Wright pick 6, Earl's incredible td catch & Pep's td that iced it. Always nice to see a d-lineman get one in.
    as stated above, a true team effort.
    Maybe Wonka had something to do with it too. Jay looked incredibly relaxed throughout the game.
    We've got karma right now. Can't stop now, MUST win next week.
  11. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +958 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    265ß
    Perfectly stated. I love the cool down the stretch. I love the attitude.

I almost want to actually see Jay smoke a cig on the sideline, wagging that thing up and down as he talks.
  12. BorisBear

BorisBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I give my ball to Major Wright because he was straight up ball'n all night.
  13. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Major Wright or D.J. Williams.
  14. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla Rookie

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Early in the game, the Bears D blitzed, I think it was DJ Williams (I may be wrong on that though) Put his helmet on the ball. While the ball was still in Rothlesburgers' hand. If Big Bens' hand bothered him the rest of the night (There were times it seemed to). That may well have been the play of the game.

My 2 cents.
  15. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    Well, that would be terrifying. He threw for 400+ yards with a bum hand. Might have been 500 if it were healthy
  16. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Might have been 500 yds and another pick 6 too.
    • Like Like x 1