Week 5: Bears Lose to Saints. Who gets the deflated football

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Oct 6, 2013.

?

Who gets the deflated football?

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    Or maybe it is a vote of no confidence in the running backs.... Forte isn't exactly good in short yardage attempts
  2. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    I'm getting worried about the bears now, i know this is a new offensive this year but they've been out sync big time and haven't been the same since last weeks loss to the lions.......i'm really hoping they turn it around this Thursday when we play the Giants.

Still keeping the faith, but i'm not gonna lie the losses aren't making it any easier to hold on let alone the sloppy play on the field.
  3. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +170 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    117ß
    Then what do we have BUSH and FORD on the team for if we arent going to use them ?
    • Like Like x 3
  4. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    Perhaps all our RBs suck on short yardage. Or, as stated, he did not have faith in the OL to open a hole big enough to let the RB through. God knows they have struggled to do so all year
  5. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +605 / 5 / -20
    ßearz ßuckz:
    303ß
    Forte was gaining yards on the outside in that drive, or just pound Bush a couple times behind Long/Mills.
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    44ß
    cuz we really like guys with short, four letter catchy names. Get with it JJ
  7. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    That is why we had the useless Wolf all those years
    • Like Like x 2
  8. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +170 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    117ß
    Benji,

Someone else stated it best : BUSH, two runs in 8 quarters ?

BTW ... we should be looking at FIELD POSITION on punt returns.

And yea we all love Hester but there comes a time ...
  9. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    Which shows that Trestman does not trust Bush.... makes you wonder.....

And yea, Hester has had his moments of shining this season, and others looking like duds. I would put that on lack of protection IMHO
  10. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Lot of drops from receivers today, but I'm going with Trestman.
    Why abandon the running game when it was working? Anyone running behind the right side was making good ground, keep doing it till they stop it!
  11. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +170 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    117ß
    What shining moments ? Since when did Hester need anything other then himself ?
  12. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    He had two returns that barely missed a TD.

And he always needed help. All returners do. They all need the ST unit to deliver the key blocks and open holes for him
  13. CaptainHookShot

CaptainHookShot Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Definitely Trestman in this one-especially when you look at Cutler and Jeffrey's stats...Briggs and Bennett messed up but realistically the game was almost over, the bears down by 2 td's late in the fourth quarter when both plays happened. The calls to run the ball more are off base imho. The bears predictably ran the ball on first down almost the whole first and second quarter and what was happening? nothing...granted a lot of these were crappy halfback pitches but it left them consistently with 2 and 10 which lead to blitz opportunities for the Saints. Then it was 3rd and long and they ran screen passes I think three times in a row. We didn't sign Cutler, Marshall, Jeffrey, and Bennett(our star offensive players)so we could run a Jim Miller offense. Furthermore, Forte is not the type of back that is gonna march you down the field and stuff it in there, never has been, never will be. He will shine when the passing game is shining. The only drive they had a running game today was the Bennett dropped pass drive and by then the saints were happy to let them run the clock down on themselves and were just trying to stop the big play.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,251 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    144ß
    On the series that had a holding call take us back, Jay choose to throw it out of bounds, rather than a quick pass to the RB, to get back into trying to run it in. He was clearly only looking for a WR that was open in the End Zone. That's a horrible habit of his, and a good part of why our red zone offense sucks.
  15. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Trestman. Cutler wasn't that bad today believe it or not.
  16. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I would say entire team. Trestman certainly is partly to blame. He's the Head Coach & it's his responsibility for his team to be ready to play from the opening KO. But Trestman didn't fumble a pitchout on the opening play that kinda set the tone for the offense, he didn't fumble on a sack, he didn't commit offensive holding, he didn't drop passes & he didn't jump off sides on a 4th & short that was totally inexcusable for an 11 year vet. Trestman is learning on the job but players not only have to make plays but they can't make mistake after mistake.

I thought the key part of the game was after our offense finally got in gear late in the 2nd quarter our defense let them drive 71 yards for a TD to regain momentum. For the second straight week we basically lost the game in the 2nd quarter. Once you get down to a good team like the Saints your margin for errors goes way down & we made too many.

Lastly, I know we can't count of recovering an onside kick every week to tieup a game but Gould needs to spend a little more time on it as he's terrible at it. Just saying.
  17. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    Id agree with the entire team if Jeffrey didn't have such an amazing game
  18. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Jeffery was amazing today for sure Benj. With the way teams are covering Marshall we need him to step up every week & I think he can. M. Bennett was good as well. He kept getting hurt but stuck it out & made plays. I think we should go to him a lot more.
  19. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,861 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    111ß
    We are a good team. We played a much better team. As I watched the Saints today, it made me think that we should have a team like that in the near future. But not this first season of the Trestman era. We still need some key player upgrades. We need more than 5 games to hit our stride with the new coaching staff, schemes & players. It's just going to take more time.

Today we ran into a better team. We didn't do as bad as some would like to think.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +998 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    When was the running game "working"? I must have missed that unless you mean after we were down 2-3 scores deep in the 2nd half and the D was playing soft.

Illustrating the early problems was Forte fumbling a pitch for a 10 yard loss and totally screwing up the first series. Geezus....really??? Add to that the fact that Trestman was utterly baffled by a very average NO defense for most of the first half and we were behind the eight ball all the way.

Jay played a very good game and was let down by Trestman and Earl Bennett.
    • Like Like x 3