Week to go Mock

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, May 2, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,141 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,499ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    A rookie WR would see the field less then a qb would on this team, and Savage isn't "developmental" he could possibly step in and beat Palmer, team has 4 TE's, not sure why we need another one; I was all for it when it was just Rosario and Fendi, but Mulligan makes that a crowded position. LB I would definately look at, but the team isn't taking 5 D players, that leaves 3 O/ST spots, RB/QB/P or maybe a WR if he's a straight KR/PR guy.

• Like Like x 1
  2. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    144ß
    Also wouldn't be surprised to see Reid go in the second.

3. lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    144ß
    One quality TE and a lot of garbage doesn't equal quality depth.

4. lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    144ß
    Also, let me add that I'm very much a fan of savage, I've been singing his praises for a long while, but he's pretty much the definition of development QB.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,141 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,499ß
    Ried going in the 2nd would be really surprising conisdering how a lot of the "1st round grade" DT's are dropping to the 2nd,

While I'm not a fan of Rosario, he must have done something right for the team to want him, Mulligan is a solid TE, not great. Team apparently is still holding out hope for Fendi.

6. lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    144ß
    Rosario is basically a utility blocker as is Milligan, neither provides any insurance in the receiving element. Let me know when Fendi can consistently catch a perfectly thrown ball.

7. lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    144ß
    Reid's glowing workout reports have me really considering his upside, and I'm sure GMs love his character and athleticism. His tape is almost exclusively against double teams, too, so projectabilty is huge for him. He's one of those risers that will push some team to grab him early. I wouldn't mind if it was us.

8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,141 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,499ß
    Sox, I'm not a fan of the TE's on the team, I'm just looking how the team has built it, and they seem to be happy w/the group and not sure where the room a 5th is.

What I've read on Ried really impresses me, if he goes in the 2nd to the Bears, I'll be okay w/that, as long as the Rd1 projection guys are gone(Dix/Jernigan/Hagemen). LIke I said, I could easily see him sliding to both DT and NT fluidly w/Ratliff/Paea/Houston/Collins.

Also, it doesn't have to be savage as the 3rd round, but any QB that shows potential to beat out Palmer would work.

9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    823ß
    I think the point is that a rookie WR could become a contributor in a year or two (like we hope Wilson becomes this year) that allows you to release a more expensive vet. They aren't cutting Cutler with ~$18m/yr guaranteed thru 2016 so a rookie QB will be a clipboard holder and maybe a #2 backup eventually at best.

The TE position is a tire fire if Marty gets hurt. ERod flaked out. Rosario and Mully are blockers only. And Fendi still hasn't proven he's anything more than Kellen Davis 2.0 with even less NFL experience. It would sure be nice to find a TE/H-back in the late rounds who's a viable future #2 receiving option.

Again, I know you hate "vet backup QBs" but Trestman has an impressive record of polishing up guys like Gannon, McCown, and that CFL guy and turning them into solid players. It seems pretty clear to me that Emery is most comfortable having a vet backing up Cutler for now.

10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,141 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,499ß
    MP, I was taking that into consideration, but the teams current construction doesn't allow for the #4 WR to contribute more then on ST's. The backup QB b/c of Cutlers inj history could see starting reps 2-8 games every year.

Again I agree on the TE, but I'm not looking at this from my perspective, but from the teams possible perspective.

He well might like Palmer, which is fine, but its not out of the realm that they would take a QB this year, even in the 3rd. It doesn't hurt their ability to get starters/contributors on teh D or O. You can get WR's that can develop into something 2-3 years into in the late rounds and UDFA, same w/TE's.