Week to go Mock

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, May 2, 2014.

1. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    542ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I read Emery's comments about QB as meaning there is no point to getting one late to develop. Which means he's not getting one early either, not with Cutler fresh off his guaranteed deal for the next three years. Palmer is going to be the #2 unless another vet FA can pry him loose, and no QB will be drafted this year. Just how I am seeing it.

2. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    899ß
    I wonder what the list would look like on this forum since G.B. beat us for the playoffs, as to how many different DT's ...Safetys ... CB's ... QB's ... TE's ... etc. ...

that we have managed to come up with to draft?

That list sure in the hell would be interesting!

I bet it would include players not even born yet.

Hey get this kid! Hes only 2 years old but lets look at the upside.

THANK GOD only a few more days ...

:10 1 132[1]::10 7 1[1]::18 1 205:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,752ß
    Week to go Mock?

I sure hope you are going to do a 5 days to go mock, a 4 days to go mock, a 3 days to go mock, a 2 days to go mock, a 1 day to go mock, a 23 hours to go mock, a 22 hours to go mock...

• Like Like x 2
  4. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    WNML, that's exactly how I'm interpreting his remarks too (assuming we take them seriously). Basically that taking a QB past round 3 is a waste because you're very unlikely to find one that's worthy of seeing much PT. I'm guessing he's going to go with "rentals" behind Cutler until ready/able to spend a high pick on one who might actually succeed Jay. And 2015-16 seems like the window of opportunity for that.

If that's the plan, I understand and can't disagree.

• Like Like x 1
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,878ß
    I wasn't, but I am now Mr Snarkysnarkington

• Like Like x 2
  6. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    245ß
    Ric, I like your thought process for the draft. Doesn't it seem like the early draft predictions are more accurate. As the draft get closer several prospects move up with all types of hype in the newspapers and from analysts. When the draft actually comes the older predictions are more accurate.

7. Bear_40

Bear_40 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    253ß
    I think you can take a guy like Murray who was injured in the mid rounds and get something worthwhile.

8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,878ß
    It's all educated, or more often, uneducated guesstimation.
    I'm not trying to predict what they'll do, just looking at what they COULD do, depending on how a draft falls. COULD they take a qb in the 3rd; how would it effect their roster upon completion.

Something else I didn't add, b/c I cannot possibly predict how it will effect the roster is that Emery said that teams already have an average of 60 players on their roster currently, which means their will be a lot of cutting of decent players. If the Bears think they can get quality players, how does that change how they draft; or does it.

9. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,152ß
    My suspicion is it will have limited impact. There may be a few cases that are Salary Cap related but most of that has been done, so those getting cut for the most part will not be starters. I am sure they have a potential cut list based on how a team drafts early and a injury prone type player which I believe Emery also stated they were interested in several players coming back from injury, that may have been aimed at current NFL players as much as the draft. I guess if a potential cut list player and a draft pick line up to give high confidence the player will be cut it may have some weight, but chances are he is not a starter and would be a depth type guy anyway and if Emery has two depth guys he wants to draft maybe he lets one slide hoping somebody gets cut. That is a lot of southern windage and S.W.A.G. ( Sophisticated Wild Ass Guess) going into a draft selection thus I suspect it has very limited impact on the actual draft.

10. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Ric, and that is what it comes down to IMO. That's what I think some aren't understanding or not being honest with themselves. QB2 is not a luxury pick, mostly due to the fact that Cutler has a recent history of never finishing or playing a full year. Right now our QB2 (who WILL have to start according to history) is a huge ? in Palmer, and that probably is an understatement. A quality guy to have an honest competition is needed IMO.