weekend addition mock

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Mar 15, 2014.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I like that mock (with the trade-down) a lot, Ric. If SF would bite on that trade, that would be a solid plan. As I see it:

High Priority Draft targets
    DL (1-2)*
    S
    CB

* if Wootton or some other vet DL were signed, could get by with 1 DL draft pick. If not, probably need 2

Secondary draft/udfa targets
    ILB
    QB
    TE
    C
    RB

2. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

The nice thing about SF, is even after they traded some away, they still have like 10 picks, and 4 are in rounds 2 and 3. They can afford to give up a 1st and 2nd possibly even a 7th to help even it all out a little more. The "value" of the trade has it a win for them, but you tell me w/that 1st and 2nd 3rd, if the Bears are better off or not.

3. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

Yeah, they're flush with picks and unlike Cleveland the Niners don't have a ton of needs so it's seems realistic that they might be willing to trade away some to move up. There would have to be someone on the board at #14 they really want cuz Harbaugh isn't stupid. I just don't know who that would be. A Bowman replacement since he's hurt? A Whitner replacement? A WR? Don't know....

4. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

They lost their CB's this year, and just signed 2 to 1yr deals, so if Gilbert is still there at 14, they might jump for him, and they'd have to do it at 14 b/c Pitt might well have to jump on him.

This is also about the time the run at DT/DE or S is really going to heat up, so if for some reason they feel the need to get in on the top of one of those they might also feel the need to jump in.

5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Excellent mock Ric might just buy shots for anyone in arms reach if this worked out this way. While I'm not crazy about Tuitt I do not disagree that Houston could very well play our 3 if Tucker liked him better there. Also don't disagree he's the best de available there.

Just a hypothetical question: What if Pryor falls to 30, would he trump Tuitt for the pick and we replace Joyner with a DE?

6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I would probably not a hard decision, but to be honest I don't like a lot of the DE's in this draft, so it would be hard to replace the last top quality 4-3 DE(imo) in the draft even if it's for a top S.

I personally like Tuitt a lot I like his size and his ability to play up and down the line. I think he's like Wootton w/more upside, and outside of the inj's I liked Wootton a lot.

7. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Anyword on Wootton I would like to sign him as swing DE and push the draft need back a yr. Let us concentrate on other areas of need.

8. JJ-30

JJ-30
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Hell if he is the Bears QB he doesn't have to be like at all ask Cutler or even Rex

• Like Like x 1
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

JJ, valid people not liking him might serve him well in Chicago, where he's likely not to be well liked anyways

BSB, nothings going to happen w/Wootton until June/July'ish b/c he won't be cleared until then.