What, Another Chris Conte Thread????????? (It's Different)......

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Jul 1, 2014.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,046ß
    Ratings:
    +1,957 / 2 / -0
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Yep. Again, not saying Conte didn't have a rough year, he did, but who on that defense wasn't worse or hurt or both? Jennings was the one who was clearly better and healthy. Everyone else sucked, got injured, or both.

2. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    825ß
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 0 / -0
    As long as this is a different thread about Birdboy, just to be different, we shouldn't bash his play here. Maybe we should bash his twitter comments...

https://twitter.com/ChrisConte47

[​IMG] Chris Conte@ChrisConte47
    Just watched the rerun of Football Life about the 85 Bears... maybe I should change to #45 to honor Fencik.

... maybe you should change to #0 to honor the number of playoff wins you've achieved.

[​IMG]Chris Conte @ChrisConte47 · May 8
    Draft day... wonder which Safety will be signed to be my back-up ;)

Draft day...wonder which Safeties will be signed to be the starters. :-O

[​IMG] Chris Conte@ChrisConte47
    Ah, who needs a shoulder to make tackles ;)

Ah, both of yours weren't enough when they were healthy.

3. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,109ß
    Ratings:
    +2,095 / 7 / -3
    Well Vereen is already wearing #45 so it looks like he's the one who'll honoring Fencik. He put a wink after the "back up" remark so I'm thinking he was investing in a little black humor there. He knows he's on the bubble big time after last year and this year he's playing for a contract somewhere so I can't help but thinking he'll be far better. But just in case we do have Vereen so I'm content so far.

4. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    772ß
    Ratings:
    +1,384 / 3 / -3
    I said all last year that Conte was getting the hate that the front 7 deserved. He was more noticeable because he was the one person between the player and the goal line.

Kinda like blaming wooden toll gates for not stopping cars who didn't ever slow down.

• Like Like x 2
  5. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,109ß
    Ratings:
    +2,095 / 7 / -3

Easier to hate on one guy than 7 JD especially when the media was so used to doing it with Cutler and ignoring the OL and WRs. I guess Conte has taken over for Jay this offseason. :rock:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    825ß
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 0 / -0
    The front 7 didn't cause Conte to take bad angles. They didn't cause him to grab on and get dragged along for 10 yards. They didn't cause him to miss tackles. Heck, he can't even make a pile of leaves with a rake.

[​IMG]

I understand and agree that the front 7 made his job harder but IMO the guy is not good regardless of what the front 7 was doing. So I will continue to bash him and his twitter until he proves me wrong. I hope he does.

7. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,109ß
    Ratings:
    +2,095 / 7 / -3
    Fair enough but until last year he was improving and possibly a guy we could live with until better came along and I believe it has. I don't think Vereen is quite ready to take over back there just yet but soon. In the meantime he should push Conte hard for that spot and I can't see anything but good coming from that.

8. okay

okay Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    25ß
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Cmon man can it be any more obvious that this is a fake account? His profile picture is a picture of him trailing a WR by 5 yards, the background picture on Twitter is him with a pick going straight through his hands.

• Like Like x 1
  9. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,109ß
    Ratings:
    +2,095 / 7 / -3

Never paid enough attention to it to even notice okay because it doesn't make any difference to me whether it was fake of real. My impressions of Chris Conte have already been formed and all that will change them is what he does on the field this year. Last year is ancient history.

My points all along have been that in 2013 Conte was just one bad cog in a very broken machine. Comparatively speaking he wasn't any worse than the rest and better than some. So with me his slate is clean.

10. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    825ß
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 0 / -0
    Awww you caught it. Ohwell, itwas fun while it lasted. There are several parody twitter accounts but i could not find his real one. I feel sorry for the tv reporter with the same name who got a lot of grief on his twitter after that last game.