What are you football rituals?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Sep 11, 2013.

1. GBlaze23

GBlaze23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I always get sunday ticket, so all games at home. I'll always have some good food that varies, delivery or something smoked or grilled specially. I try to catch every play, even with my 5 year old running around. I missed one play this week to go to the bathroom....... It turned out to be Cutlers interception. I don't usually believe in that crap, but when I do miss a play, its usually bad so I don't know. I came back into the den like wait, wtf just happened.... Other than that, nothing really.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    434ß
    Wear Bears gear all day (even under church clothes - if I go) but not a jersey. Jerseys can only be worn during a game. Jerseys must be appropriately home or away. Go with my gut on the old school (retired) players or current ones. Generally that means that if I'm comfortable we will win I have on the old school ones. You just can't tarnish a legend, after all.

Don't drink until game time. If the Bears score - shot of whiskey.

I've been known to scare the shit out of everyone within earshot. Stay quiet most of the time, but on a big play for the Bears will give one extremely loud clap to accompany a "YESSSSSSSS". Sing Bear Down after each score.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +589 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    194ß
    popcorn. not the best snack, but when you get Pd off and throw it at the TV, there is no possibility of damage. and the dogs will clean it up for you very quickly.

Not much as far as rituals, jersey/T-shirt, a drink or two. packers game, I will switch from popcorn to cheese and "crackers".
    • Like Like x 3
  4. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +720 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    468ß
    I save my FF team for the week and all the scores in our yahoo pickem league.

Then I start listening to "Bear Down" and Andrew W. K. "Party Hard" (best football music!).

I always wear a jersey. Navy BU or Cutty for home games, Grossman or Marshall for road games. Drink a lot of beer, especially Sam Adams. I eat chips, peanuts and/or pizza.

I generally prefer to watch games alone, so I can pace, curse, and be as weird as I want. I talk a lot to the TV and correct the announcers when they start talking shit etc.

I talk to my brother via text and check you guys comments on db.

^^^This^^^ ;-)
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Chicagoan

Chicagoan Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +352 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    non-stop eating all day...big Sunday breakfast, half time sandwiches and appetizers, then a dinner that usually consists of something that has cooked all day. not sure why, but if I am not eating before, during, and after the Bears game, I'm miserable. The rest of the week I barely touch food, but Bears Sunday is a free for all.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +720 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    468ß
    Sounds great, Chica. When are you gonna invite us for breakfast and dinner?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,760 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    746ß
    [​IMG] Briaaaaaaaaaaaaan Uraaaaaacher!

okay just kidding

Bobby Douglas, qb'ing is a lot easier now then it was back in the day, and that dude racked up 6-7K yards in passing and another 2-3K in rushing, can you imagine what he could do in the passer/qb/wr friendly NFL?

Fine think I'm crazy for that one, okay I'll say Olin Kruetz, back when he first got here. Could you imagine the nasty w/OK and Long right next to eachother?

Henry, i'll have to disagree, Rex couldn't stay healthy in this era, he'd have been carted off the field dead back in the day.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,429 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    351ß
    The Sex Cannon would've ripped those 5'2 120 defensive linemen in half.
  9. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,760 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    746ß
    dude luckman was 200 lbs. I think you might be underplaying the players sizes back then....and also lets not forget that Rexxy isn't near the size or in near the shape he was in 2000 b/c the diet, steroids, and work outs weren't there to let him get to that size....just like those guys would be bigger in today then they were back then.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,429 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    351ß
    I understand what you're saying, I just wanna argue with you lol
  11. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,760 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    746ß
    well your doing a shitty job of it since there was a Bears DE at the time that was only 190, ;p. What is it just me and SOUL that do actual research around here? Get your facts straight or i'm going to take some time from this site too....:peaceout:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,429 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    351ß
    You're not even TRYING to be open minded about things, you're just listening to everything you get spoon fed by ESPN. Why don't you go root for the Packers or something since you obviously have no clue of what it means to be a real Bears fan.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    29ß
    Listen to the NFL theme tunes(Thursdag Night football, CBS, FOX) and then some Bears songs before the game and that is about it.

I also drink a hot cup of cocao when Bears are playing on Danish TV(They do this Sunday Hurra for me!)
  14. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,429 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    351ß
    Back when I was younger, I would ALWAYS play Madden, but not as the Bears, because that was bad luck. So i always played as the Jets (Chad Pennington FTW), and stomp the Packers into oblivion. I never once injured Favre, which i was hoping would be good luck, lol
    • Like Like x 1