What if Donald doesnt want to be a Bear.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 2, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +747 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    736ß
    Elway did it also in a round about way. He threatened to play professional baseball if the Colts?? (I think it was the Colts, they pretty much sucked then) were to draft him. They passed on him and he went to Denver, the rest of the story is well known
  2. Trackguy

Trackguy Veteran

Ratings:
    +164 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    20ß
    Bo Jackson too. He was pissed at the Bucs for getting him ruled ineligible to play baseball his senior year. He told them he wouldn't play for them if they drafted him and despite them making him the first overall selection, he followed through on his threat.

You just wonder if there are any stories like this we don't hear about. Where the guy (behind the scenes through agents) tells a team "don't draft me" so they don't.
  3. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    22ß
    I would never use the shotgun.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,597ß
    The first part is right but the Colts actually did draft him 1st overall and then immediately traded him to Denver for OT Chris Hinton (the Broncos 1st pick) QB Mark Hermann, and the Broncos 1st round pick the following year. The "Donkeys" definitely got the better of that deal.

That's why when so many of my buddies here were complaining about the Cutler trade I pointed that deal out to them. I said you ended up with a SB QB who didn't want to play elsewhere and you just lost one who hasn't won anything because your HC didn't want him and so he asked to be traded. So kwitcher bitchin'. Elway was a bigger baby about it than Cutler ever was.
  5. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,597ß
    Bo knows blackmail too I guess. :14_6_20[1]:
  6. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,597ß
    Right......never.....ever!

My biggest problem would be not remembering the snap count of never bothering to call for the ball at all. :lol-027: