What if Lovie had hired Trestman in 2004?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    494ß
    That right there would have made a huge swing in the fortunes of the NFC North.

BTW, The Ravens are not playing a smart game. GB has a 6 point lead at halftime. 2 field goals.
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,174 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    511ß
    That's a good point. And true too.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    494ß
    Neither the Lions or the Packers are going to make it easy for us. They both won today. Anything we get we are going to have to earn.

We need another win next Sunday.

I'm thinking the Bengals might knock the Lions down a notch, but GB should win again. If we win, we are back in 1st until we play the Packers. That game will be pivotal.
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,174 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    511ß
    I actually like having the NFC-N a decent division. I want us to be able to beat good teams, and if that starts in our own division that's great. Sure, winning against deadbeats is better than a loss, but it's best to be a power team that can beat good teams.
  5. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    494ß
    ... and winning against deadbeats is better than losing against deadbeats!;)
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +349 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    Really? I guess all that's keeping anyone from being a good QB is if they play for Green Bay. That explains Matt Flynn, and now that he is not a Packer he is playing like a 7th round pick. But then why was Brian Brohm so bad?

Campbell would not be anything near the QB Rodgers is, no matter who was coaching him.

Farve has said previously that it wasn't his job to mentor his understudies. Now, to Rodgers credit, he did say about Farve:

"I really learned a lot about practice habits from him, and I think you realize as a young player that a lot of the time, the practice goes as the top player or top leader goes. Practice time is so vital to the success of the team, so he would every day bring energy and enthusiasm, and I learned a lot of important lessons like that."

But it's not like he took him under his wing and showed him how to read defenses.
  7. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    586ß
    Talent is by far the most important thing. No question about it. But being able to watch how it is done at the pro level by one of the best, and having a coach who can teach you and get the best out of you perfects it.

Flynn? Looked great while in GB eh? With a staff that knew how to properly use him.

Take him away from those who know how to properly use him and he looks lost.

All gets back to coaching. I will say the same about Rex.
  8. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +602 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    244ß
    Last game could have been so much better for Cutty if he made couple better throws to Alshon. Cuttys numbers could get staggering it's just a matter of time before he has an outrageous stats game with Trest. The best part it will come in a well balanced attack with the run game. Because the passing game always will open it up for the running game and Trestman understand this better than anyone.
    • Like Like x 1