What Record Will The Bears Finish Up With/Where Will They Pick In the Draft?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BelieveInMonsters, Oct 22, 2013.

1. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters Veteran

Ratings:
    +198 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Was shaping up to be a real special year folks. In spite of our mediocre defense, Cutler was having a career year and the offense was really coming into it's own.

Now that Cutler is out for at least 4 weeks (and probably at least 6 or more according to which doctors you listen to) and the defense looks like an episode of MacGyver i.e. it's held together with scotch tape, bubble gum, popsicle sticks, paper mache, and whatever else the Bears can dig up, what record do you think the Bears finish up with and where do you think they pick in the draft?

Here's what I think happens:

Currently 4-3

11/4 @Packers L
    11/10 Lions L
    11/17 Ravens L
    11/24 @Rams W
    12/1 @Vikings L
    12/9 Cowboys L
    12/15 @Browns W
    12/22 @Eagles L
    12/29 Packers L

I think they finish 6-10 and get a draft pick somewhere between 10 and 15.
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,012 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,046ß
    Pack L
    Lions L
    Ravens L
    Rams W
    Vikes W
    Cowboys L
    Browns W
    Eagles W
    Packers L

8-8, The O will get their qb back in 5 weeks, but the D will not be able to stop the Boys or the Pack.
  3. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +291 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    i also think 8-8, which is bad, no high pick and no playff spot, pick 15-20
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GBlaze23

GBlaze23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    7-9, pick 14
  5. BorisBear

BorisBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Pack L ( I would like to at least keep it close .)
    Lions L
    Ravens L
    Rams L
    Vikes W ( I'll be there, so they better ;))
    Cowboys L
    Browns W
    Eagles L
    Packers W (We can end the year on a high note)
  6. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    I have sick feeling that 8-8 pick 15-18 is where we will end up. And that is just the black hole of the NFL. No playoffs and a minimal chance of a day one impact player.

If we are going to miss the playoffs I hope we don't win another game.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,224 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    261ß
    6-7 wins IMO which equates to the 3rd straight season with a good start followed by utter collapse. The collapses seem to be coming earlier and earlier. At the current pace, next year we will start 2-0 and then go on to finish at 4-12.

All kidding aside, I'm stunned at how thoroughly this D has collapsed. I know there have been injuries and I know the O continues to look anemic for 1-2 quarters every week. I was at this weeks game in DC and seeing in person does make a difference (whole field viewing rather than just a camera shot). Here's what I can tell you first hand:

Although the pick 6 wasn't really Jay's fault (he still threw into a dangerously tight window but Jeffery should have caught the ball), that looked a lot like another "BAD JAY" day in the making. If he hadn't gotten hurt, and I wish he hadn't, I think we may very have seen another Bad Jay multi-int performance. He just looked like one of the starting pitchers who you know 3 innings in just "doesn't have his good stuff today".

Forte was wide open in the flat multiple times all day (both QBs) and easily recs were missed by throwing to more difficult targets. I just don't understand why our QBs don't use him more including in the passing game. And that is especially true of Cutler.

The D is overall an absolute dumpster fire. Briggs and Tillman (with a small honorable mention to Wooton) were the only ones balling out there. When they went out, it was simply atrocious. On virtually every misdirection play action play, RG3 had multiple downfield targets completely wide open. I mean....like so open that that I knew it was big gainer for the skins before the throwing motion even started. There was still no sustained pass rush and the back 7 was a gaping sieve. How that RG deep pass (which was a terrible quacking duck so bad that I "knew" and yelled it was a pick for us before the ball even reached the apex of its flight) became a TD, I can't even begin to fathom.

Even with the O's bad start (and it was bad), there is absolutely no excuse to lose a game when you score 41 points against a team whose offense is not nearly as good as we made it look. Ridiculous.

Yes, we need a complete player overhaul on D (multiple starters) and a new DC. Tucker is an epic fail.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters Veteran

Ratings:
    +198 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    We picked Kyle Long 20th this year and he has made an immediate impact.

Impact players are available up and down every round. We just need good talent evaluation
  9. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    Very true, but we also took Shea at 19 so it goes both ways. There's busts as the top pick as well but being in the middle limits our options. Not to mention I like pick 42 not 52 in round two as well.
  10. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    8-8 as I said at the start of the season...rebuilding year,new coach's new system..we will be better next year.