What SHOULD our first round pick be?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Mar 27, 2014.

?

Which position?

1. kevperro

kevperro Veteran

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    217ß
    Anyone else worried about Briggs? He talked bluntly about his injury on NFL network and I have to say it doesn't sound like he is coming back like he left.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,079 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    I'm worried. A fractured shoulder for an old LB can't be good. And if he's in a sling/brace all year, that can't be good either. Urlacher's play dropoff could be a foreshadowing of what we see this year with Briggs. In the end, Urlacher hurt the team when he was on the field. I'd hate to see that happen this coming year with Briggs.
  3. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    I agree JABF ... Briggs is a true warrior and deserves the dignity and honor of going out on top.
  4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +920 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,087ß
    I was surprised he is still in a sling or brace. Does anybody have an updated status, is he expected to be cleared for OTA's, be ready for Training Camp, Start the Season on PUP list? Since he came back and played the last game or two last year I thought this was in the past so not up to date on this at all. Since I moved from IL to NC do not get the same info down here.
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,690 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,867ß
    BS, last I heard he planned to play in a sling all season.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +920 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,087ß
    Sweet a one armed LB and a FS who is slow and cant tackle. This is going to be such an improved DEf. I cant wait.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,690 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,867ß
    ya just wait until Shea is playing SAM b/c Bostic has to play WILL b/c Briggs gets hurt, THEN you have NO ONE to play MLB when/if DJ goes down again. If Barr were to fall I think the team would almost HAVE to draft him.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Trackguy

Trackguy Veteran

Ratings:
    +173 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß

So did 21 other players on the field. Watch the wide angle. Not a single player acted like it was a live ball. In fact, I blame Briggs more than Anderson. After the GB guys realized it was live and ran towards the endzone, Briggs literally watched them run by with his hands on his hips. If the GB players realized a whistle hadn't blown by then, why hadn't the veteran probowl defensive leader?
    • Like Like x 2
  9. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +717 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    431ß
    Keep building the D-line if you can make QB's run for their lives secondary will only have hold for very short duration. Create awesome front-line and the secondary will magically look better. So get DT easy call.
  10. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,306 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,741ß
    Truth of the matter is that the whole defense was in dissary last year for whatever reason. Probably many reasons. It better not be the same next year. Trestman and Emery were pretty close to making a change this year. You can bet they won;t put up with it twice in a row especially after Emery filled the cupboards.
  11. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +920 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,087ß
    Still early for the draft but I am down to DT of LB. If Mosley, Mack, or Barr are there would give it lots of thought and taking Quarles in rd 2. If no LB avail. I still like Bullough later on and he can learn behind DJ. He is a true MLB and may be why I am leaning to DT.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +920 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,087ß
    If the defense has any resemblence to last year I would expect to see a DC change mid season and Tucker would not survive the season. I think they had to let him play his scheme and not Lovie's. I believe he may be on a short reign and the new Def. Coach Hirings are Plan B. for Def. Coord
  13. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +2,306 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,741ß
    I wouldn't worry about it. Tucker has a game plan. Having a S that can't tackle and a LB with one arm is just his genius way of making the opposing offenses think that they have us right where they want us. But Tucker, that mad dog is always one step ahead. His genius in having a S that can't tackle is that the S is NOT supposed to tackle. He is supposed to lead the opposing player into Brigg's good arm. Then Briggs can wrap him up (well... half wrap him up). This whole strategy plays into our strengths. We make use of a S that can't tackle and also make use of Briggs last good arm.

Who said that Tucker can't make use of what he has. Look at last year! Well, ok, don't do that... but I'm sure he has has learned. This is a strong plan and teams won't know what hit them.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +920 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,087ß
    Is the Winner tag something only the admins have. If I could give you the winner tag I would. Love the post.
  15. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,079 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    As Soul would say, it's just the old "rope a dope" like Ali used to use before he took out opponents. Tucker is a stinking genius.
  16. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    526ß
    I was as frustrated and pissed off at Tucker last year as anyone. Thought there's no way he should have been allowed to keep his job, injuries included. But what's done is done and it appears we have much more competent and qualified positional coaches assisting him this year. Let's have a good draft, provide him a much improved talent pool, and give him a 2nd chance.

He must know his head is on the chopping block without major improvements.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,079 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,819ß
    I totally agree. I'm just joking around a bit today. Tucker deserves another year. I say this for two reasons. First, it would be really bad to fire Tucker under the circumstances of last year's team woes & then find out the guy can coach well, but with another team. Second, I'm still trusting Emery and Trestman completely until they prove they don't deserve that trust.

So don't pay attention to me poking fun at Mel. I'm just trying to make it through the dreaded off-season here, with some levity. :-)
  18. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +2,306 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,741ß
    Honestly, even though I wished him gone, I'm having some fun with him too. He is the DC and I hope he does well. I have my doubts but the path of least resistance is that he is a really good DC and we keep him for a long time and have a top flight defense.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    45ß
    Need to draft DT to help plug up the middle to force the QB and RB to the outside where Allen and Houston will be waiting, this will make our secondary better because of the pressure and sacks.
  20. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    It was actually Rodgers who told him to pick it up and run with it. It least one team captain kept his head on straight.