What SHOULD our first round pick be?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Mar 27, 2014.

?

Which position?

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    I'll take Ratliff and Paea to plug that A gap. Gimme a guy who can get into their backfield and muck things up before they ever get started.
  2. Trackguy

Trackguy Veteran

Ratings:
    +173 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    You're giving Rodgers too much credit. He only said to "run" after the GB sideline was screaming for them to do so. Regardless, Briggs stood there and watched the two run by them without moving a muscle. My point was that everyone seems to want to crucify Anderson for giving up on the play. That's fine but if you watch the video, EVERYONE gave up on it with the exception of the one packer receiver (who still kind of did after he picked up the ball initially). By the time Roders and his wingman started running down the sideline, Captain Briggs could have stopped it but chose not to. At that point the Packers realized it was live, why didn't he? That's why I blame Briggs mostly for that botched comedy of errors.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    I'll give you that. If Briggs had reacted to it right away he could have stopped him but once he got a head of steam up he wouldn't have gotten to him fast enough. But he should have known better too. You play to the whistle.

That said it was Anderson who skipped right by the ball almost picking it up but he didn't or go back and cover it. If he would have scooped it up it was 6 points the other way. He also could have tackled him before he even started running because he was within two yards of the guy but he just walked away from the play. You know why I hold him responsible? That defense has been drilled for years that if you see a ball on the ground you pick it up and head for pay dirt. They do it every practice. Run for the end zone and don't stop until you either get there or hear the whistle. Anderson didn't do it. Twice he had chance to stop that TD from happening and twice he blew that chance.

I can accept that once the took off when in doubt Briggs should have nailed him but in the final analysis it should never have come to that. It was just one more example of the lack of focus of that shitty defense all year long.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,941 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,300ß
    I understand that pecky lack of focus thing was caused by Mel not being able to run his own defense. It should be fine next year :sad44:

I'm still trying to connect the dots there, but I always was a little slow....