What time was the most painful to be a Bears fan?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Oct 13, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,452 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    4,040ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Actually, 1986 was a tough year for me. We had, what I thought, was a better team than '85. But the Packers Charles Martin killed our season by body slamming McMahon. Poof. The season was over in a heartbeat.

2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    It's amazing that Dick Jauron made the playoffs as many times as Wanny did. I keep forgetting his name, but whatever McCaskey was in charge in those days should never be allowed anywhere NEAR Halas Hall. Seriously, who announces the hiring of a head coach at a press conference that: the coach is not present for, and didn't even know he was in the running for the job? It's like he saw how badly the Bengals were doing in the 90's and said "oh yeah? check this out!!!"

On a side note to the Jauron era, I'm more inclined to give Angelo a "pass" for drafting Haynes than I am Jauron for wanting him, simply because, for all of Angelo's flaws, that was not the type of defensive player he was good at drafting.

3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,458 / 13 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,536ß
    Really? I always thought Wanny was right behind Jauron in the running for the pinnacle of NFL coaching suckdom.

4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    Oh god, Wanny made so many stupid decisions, and they had a longer lasting impact on the organization than Jauron. It's like comparing aids to syphilis.

5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +3,458 / 13 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,536ß
    That would be Mikey. And yeah... he was horrible.

6. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +871 / 4 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    866ß
    Losing to the packers era

7. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    801ß
    Some memories are best forgotten.

For me, those would be the late 80's disappointments, and the 90's ineptitude. Just brutal. Now I'm going to go watch the '85 dvd to clear my mind. On second thought, that'll only make it worse, seeing a truly good team and remembering what we've been through. Maybe I'll grab some Russian Standard and watch the Expendables.

8. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,132 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    442ß
    Those that suggest the Wannesteadt/Jauron era was the worst did not live though the Abe Gibron era.

9. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,286 / 9 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,005ß
    Sorry that we can't all be old farts. But yeah...before my time, so i was answering his question based on my own point of reference: Grew up in the 80s in the Ditka era, lived through the Wanny Era (Bad, but not THAT bad, still had some positives to it), then the Jauron era, then Lovie and now Trestman. So...out of those 5 coaches, i would rank Jauron's tenure as "the worst" of those 5.

10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,766 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    892ß
    Maybe it was just the people I grew up with, but we had a cult-like hatred for Wannstedt, especially after trading for Rick Mirer. I cannot express enough, in this lifetime, how stupid it is to trade for a confirmed first round bust.

EDIT: While I'm on the subject of Rick Mirer. Did it bother anybody else, who watched Jerry Maguire, and saw him in the background of the opening scene? Honestly, once I saw his stupid face, all I could think about was ****

EDIT 2: Just found the story of the 1997 Chicago Bears on youtube. Gonna post it in the vid section if anyone's interested.

• Agree Agree x 1