what we learned, chi v pitt

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Sep 22, 2013.

1. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    213ß
    Ratings:
    +407 / 1 / -0
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    What I learned. The LB blitzes were working damn near all night and caused two turnover TDs. The safety blitzes gave up two long TDs. All the while, our four down lineman did little to nothing to disrupt the pocket. Basically, keep bringing the LB, but keep the DBs in coverage.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Moth

Moth Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I learned that half this board is a bunch of panic button, non-believers.

Apparently all the offenses we face should resemble that of Jacksonville while all the defenses we face should perform that of New Orleans for anyone to be happy.

We are 3-0 vs 2 playoff teams from last year while compiling 95 points. Yes, the defense needs work but there are no teams yet without need of improvement through 3 weeks

• Like Like x 2
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,133ß
    Ratings:
    +4,547 / 10 / -8
    Shea is the anti Long, both were reaches, but one is a bust and the other is turning into a royal flush.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,133ß
    Ratings:
    +4,547 / 10 / -8
    I saw Wootten in the 4th in the backfield pressuring Big Ben multiple times.

5. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,282ß
    Ratings:
    +5,452 / 9 / -7
    OL as a whole played pretty well, only giving up 2 sacks against a pretty good pass rush (not as great as years before, but still good enough). That gives them 3 in 3 games, which is astounding.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,282ß
    Ratings:
    +5,452 / 9 / -7
    I think the only reason people are so focused on Shea is because it was Emery's first pick as GM, so if he doesnt pan out, then people think it represents Emery as a whole. Neve mind the fact that AJ is looking like a great pick up in year 1, and Emery improved his hand immensely in this draft, with 3, maybe 4 future starters selected.

7. A-11

A-11 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    Just on my eye test, first glance... Forte was on fire early, but he did not impress me in the second half. It looked like his ankle did get jacked up. The calls were also down the gut later in the game.

I didn't think Bush did that bad, his runs were a total different type. If he averaged 4 yds with what he ran he would be a man beast.

And how about a shout out for the other Bennett? #80 That was a hell of a TD.

Rest up peanut, and good job linebackers! Briggs was fun to watch and Williams had a chance for Bostic to learn from.

8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,133ß
    Ratings:
    +4,547 / 10 / -8
    Well I agree it has to do w/Emery's first pick, but I think it has more to do w/DeCastro then it does Shea and the fact that the OL was the need, not a 3-4 OLB supposedly being a 3 down 4-3 DE. If Emery hadn't gone out and talked about how Shea was his "secret" and was a 3 down DE it wouldn't be a huge issue. But the only NFL teams that wanted him were 3-4 guys, and they wanted him for a OLB; it scared the hell out of me b/c it screamed JA's I'm smarter then the rest of the NFL.

A-11, Bush was 1 of 3 attempts at the goal line, and was 1 of 1 on 3rd and short, and missed a easy pass for a 3rd conversion, so really 1 of 3 on 3rd and short. Ya for the goalline, short distance back he had a horrid night.

9. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    I know Green Bay wanted him at 3-4 OLB.

10. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,133ß
    Ratings:
    +4,547 / 10 / -8
    I think it was NE and Hou, maybe both were also looking at him; but easily D'tone Jones was the best of the group of the DE's, and again look at DeCastro, started last year late and is starting now. The team could have had bookend G's this year and for years to come, instead they have a "high motor" situational DE that doesn't get anything but imaginary stats.