what we learned, chi v pitt

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Sep 22, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,408 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,589ß

Don't forget to add that Cutler is also getting rid of the ball EXTREMELY quick, which also helps the OL.
  2. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +680 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    479ß
    I learned to enjoy the win no matter how it happens.
  3. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Thank God our defense comes through again because that offense choked in the 2nd half for the most part. Hopefully that improves. Bears should have blown this team out in the first 3 quarters and never should have allowed it to get close. But hey our defense always finds a way to make big plays and carry this team.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,074 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,361ß
    If only the Bears did not give up 400+ passing yards, maybe the Steelers would not have scored so much.....
  5. 4th and 26

Ratings:
    +680 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    479ß

You do realize Big Ben kept turning the ball over and it was not that he played shitty, the bears defense kicked his ass. It was like watching the turnover machine(favre) in last nights game
  6. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,074 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,361ß
    I know
  7. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    65ß
    The Bears defense also gave him a clean pocket and loose coverage to tear apart the vast majority of the game. It's awesome that they are coming up clutch when it counts, but you can't just bury your head in the sand and ignore such apparent flaws in the NFL just because you won. Greatness is about adjusting and improving, otherwise you're just content to be pretty good like Lovie's Bears.

Bottom line, the D has not been very good and is giving up a lot of big and easy yards for long stretches of games. Turnovers are awesome and can change the entire complexion of a game, but you can't count on other teams mistakes to cover up your own - even if you happen to be forcing those mistakes.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    That is true, something I had failed to mentioned. Stupid me. Didn't it take something like two seconds after the snap on one play for him to get it out of his hands.
  9. 4th and 26

Ratings:
    +680 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    479ß

All teams have their flaws and our defense is not the same old defense we use to see where it would dominate games when our offense sucked. I believe our offense is much better but needs more time to adjust to the next level. While our defense is giving up a ton of yards I have seen some elite teams get their asses kicked this year. The 49rs lit up the packers week 1 yet looked like a turd the last two weeks on offense. Philly had a great week 1 yet looked like the old philly after the last two weeks. All that matters right now is to win games and hopefully fix those flaws when it comes to the playoffs if we make it there.