What young player do you see over/underperforming?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Apr 17, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,583 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,782ß
    No as far as I know all he did was OLB and SOME DE.
  2. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,612 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    672ß
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1274370/shea-mcclellin

Column to the right. He played MLB and came in on some plays to rush the QB. I'm not saying switch him to MLB, BUT he's not being thrown into a linebacker role without coverage duties. As I said earlier, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he makes the highlight reel more than any of the other young linebackers.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,021 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,721ß
    There is a lot of excellent video on Shea. Here's just one game, but it shows how versatile he can be. They played him all over at Boise. It sounds like the Bears want him to play more than one LB position this season. He's pretty football smart. I can't wait to see him play this year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +240 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    202ß
    I would like to see him move around in the pre-season, I don't like that idea during the season. We are running out of time to find out who Shea is. We certainly know who he isn't, a DE. If we move him around the LB positions, he won't get the time to grow better at a position. I seriously don't see him beating out DJ at MLB even though thats where we need to find young talent for the future.
  5. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +327 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    154ß
    Im really eager to see what Shea can do, as always, im optimistic and hope he can turn it around, he has the all physical requirements met, and he always tries his best, so for his and ours sake, lets go Shea!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,266 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,658ß
    Good points, but I do think moving around during the season has some value. It makes them move their guys around to in order to make sure he is covered (assuming he starts to create havock in the backfield). Any time you can make a team react to what you are doing rather than you react to what they are doing, it's a good thing.
  7. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +487 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    99ß
    Almost started a similar thread but remembered this one. Now that the draft has happened wanted to get input on if anyone wants to include any rookies into this pool.

My darkhorse is Vereen, I think he stands a decent chance to pull a Mills this year and come into camp like a gangbuster to push out a struggling starter that we have now. I'll add Vereen to my over preforming young player.
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,612 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    672ß
  9. 50YearFrustration

50YearFrustration Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    34ß
    I'm hoping Paea plays out of his mind, because the Bears really need him to help solidify the middle. That said, I can just as easily see him getting nicked and pushed out of there,..like last year.

McClellin (and/or Bostic) just to need to be serviceable, especially if the line plays well. Anything more would be a bonus,...
  10. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +408 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    98ß
    That'd be great to see Paea put it together. Honestly I'd love that entire line to play great, if we get these guys playing up to their potential that line is as good as they come. Allen should have a few years left and is a master at getting to the QB and brings a non-stop motor that guys should aspire to emulate. Houston should be in his prime and is finally playing on a line where he's not far and away the best talent, he brings a lot to the run game and can still get after the QB. Young has played second fiddle and undoubtedly benefited from Suh being in the middle but the guy knows how to get after the QB as is obvious by his pressure numbers, plus he's very stout against the run and should provide quality relief if he's not a starter. Plus he's younger and you never know when he could have a breakout year. Jeremiah Ratliff looked like his old self towards the end of the season to the point it's basically like having a new player on the line, you can hardly count him towards last years effort and the guy is a beast who plays his heart out.. just ask Allen. Nate Collins pre-injury was arguably our best player on the DL and if he comes back in a big way he could be dominant on this line.. the guy might not have a big name but sometimes it takes awhile for players to come into their own (Chris Long; Rams) and if he's just starting to tap into his potential we could have a great player. Stephen Paea has all the tools and if he escapes the injury bug the guy is quick as hell off the snap and has the power behind him to be a force. If he can stay healthy he can be an animal on that line. Ego Ferguson is going to help this run defense by leaps and bounds and has the work ethic and drive to use his impressive physical attributes to their fullest, I think Paul P will help get a lot out of him. He should be a runners worst nightmare and while he's making life hard for backs around the league he can develop the pass rushing tools necessary to make QB's in the North very uneasy for a man his size. Will Sutton is quick as hell and has the natural strength to go with it, he won't be depended on for all the snaps and therefore is going to have stamina behind that raw power. He's a master at getting to the QB as evidenced by his 13 sacks as a junior from the DT position. He should thrive at 3tech and while it's too early to be making such statements.. he's my favorite to win DROY honors for the Bears since Urlacher if he sees the field enough. Bass and Corny are two players with all the tools and you can't count against them, they're young and have plenty of time to put their physical skillsets together to provide exceptional relief.

Lots of ifs and plenty of hope so's but damn I'm excited to see this line in action. As I think ric said earlier.. they're going to benefit from going up against our OL everyday in practice. Time to hunt some QB's.