What's your prediction for the Buffalo Bills game & final score?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Aug 31, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,778ß
    What's your prediction for the final score in this opener? Any other predictions?
  2. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +920 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,086ß
    28-10 Bears
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,279 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,689ß
    I have no guess on the score, but I say the Bears win it.
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,778ß
    I'm thinking it will be something like 27-24, Bears win.
    I expect the DL to look really good but the rest of the defense to look rough this first game. I think that's to be expected with all of the changes. The offense may be a mix of being awesome at times, mixed with some rough spots too. I don't expect precision in this first game by any means.

Special teams? I predict we might have a real butt-ugly game, but with the bright spot that we may have a LS by game time. Maybe, they grab a beer vender from Soldier Field to fill-in at LS until they get it figured out. It's not like we're in a hurry to fill out our starters on this team :-(
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  5. Bear_40

Bear_40 Veteran

Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    78ß
    35-21 Bears!
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +920 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,086ß
    Buffalo has minimal Offense in RB CJ Spiller an rookie WR Sammy Watkins, whom they gave up a 1st round pick for in both this years and next years draft. They do have a pretty decent defense though. EJ Manual is in his second year at QB and appears to be a capable starter but nothing special.

Expect the offense to move the ball and Buffalo defense to get in a few stops early. Our D should get a good test but win the battle fairly easily. Expect us to have a significant advantage in time of possession and for their D to wear down in the second half.

I gave them a TD and a Field Goal. If special teams screws the pooch they may get another couple field goals as long they do not get a TD return on STeams we should be ok.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. B-ell-y-iot

B-ell-y-iot Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +459 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    441ß
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Mike Florio on August 31, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT

Watkins suffered bruised ribs in the Bills third preseason game (Week Two of the preseason), and he re-injured the ribs on a fairly innocuous hit in the preseason finale. Now, the question becomes whether he’ll recover in time to play on Sunday at Chicago, and to prepare for the game via a full week of practice.
    “Re-injuring his ribs will make it difficult for Watkins to get his usual practice reps, conditioning and strengthening work for the next few weeks,” former NFL athletic trainer Mike Ryan said. Ryan, a contributor to NBC’s NFL coverage this season and NBCSN’s Pro Football Talk, spent more than 20 years helping NFL players get and stay healthy.

When it comes to the ribcage, a complex stew of bone and muscle and cartilage protecting fairly important organs, it could be a few weeks until Watkins returns to 100 percent. Especially if he once again comes back too soon and aggravates the condition.

If the Bills decide to use Watkins before he’s fully healed, Watkins will have to play through significant discomfort.

“Bruising his ribs twice within 12 days will make twisting and reaching for a ball two painful tasks for Sammy Watkins,” Ryan said.

So even if Watkins plays in Week One, it will be hard for him to do much to help the team win.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  8. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +715 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    430ß
    38-6 daBears ST has a kick return for TD. LS gets game ball.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,636 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,839ß
  10. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +796 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    442ß
    45-35. Our tuckered-out ball-o'-yarn defense unravels and makes the bills look like a really good offense. But our O is better.

Unfortunately i will not be able to see the game and may not be able to post any comments until the following sunday night game., so don't take my absence as anything other than being out of internet access range....
  11. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +993 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,141ß
    Bills' defense will be tougher than we expected, close game. Late winning TD for the Bears. 21-17

Cutler 228yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT
    Forte 81yds, 1 TD
  12. hoth

hoth Veteran

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    52ß
    Bears roll, 30-13.
  13. MikeGolf97

MikeGolf97 Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    46ß
    We will win but it is what the Bills do on the score board that I have no idea. I see about 27 is for us 3 tds 2 fg. But two factors I don't think anyone knows yet, Will our Defense stop a run game? Buffalo has 3 capable backs. And just how bad will the Bills offense be? They could be the worst in the league this year, but PS is not always a indicator.
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,778ß
    I thought about that. It's the perfect opponent for our defense to open up against.
  15. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +715 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    430ß
    If the Bears D struggles against this O then the D will have a shitload of trouble this year again. At this time I don't see that happening but the D is going to get it both ways after this game. They perform well the response will be it was only Buffalo. If they perform bad the response will be it's same old story of last year fire Mel now.
  16. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,279 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,689ß
    This is perfect! We have a defense that performs minimally.