Where did Soul Man go?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 7, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    We're 24 hours from game time and Soul is not here. Not good. Could be a bad omen for the game :(

2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    226ß
    Maybe he is having issues at the moment.

Or maybe he is upset that we have been going after Urlacher so he is staying away so he does not blow his top

Or maybe just been busy
    • Like Like x 2
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    Maybe the Urlacher thing. He's always been good to stick up for Brian. Hope Soul comes back soon. Too quiet here without him.
  4. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 8 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    141ß
    He will. Either the Bears will win, and he will come back to celebrate with the rest of us, or they will lose, and he will come back to cry "i told you so" about whatever.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    67ß
    The Urlacher thing is hard for me too, so I do understand where Soul is coming from there. There have been so many years of enjoying his play, even in the "lean years" when the team wasn't so good, you could be fired up with Urlacher's stellar play. He really was the face of the franchise for me. And I never questioned Brian's effort. The past couple of years Urlacher was giving his heart and soul effort - but his body had just aged & was high mileage. And it's not an easy adjustment for a lot of people to retire from a job they've liked. Even with a mundane job like most of us work. You may be thrilled about retirement, but it is a HUGE adjustment for many (it was for me).

I was disappointed with Urlacher's comments this past year (the fans thing, and talking about the Bears cheating) but in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal. Urlacher will settle down and adjust to retirement, and we'll all remember the good stuff he did as a Bears player. I hope so anyway. Gale Sayers was a pretty grumpy guy in retirement too. I sure try to cut him some slack when he says negative stuff about the Chicago Bears. I hope Brian doesn't become a disgruntled guy like Sayers (who by the way, seems to finally be mellowing a bit in recent years too).

That's my 2-cents worth anyway.