Where the hell are our other receiving threats?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Sep 16, 2013.

1. MikeGolf97

MikeGolf97 Rookie

Ratings:
    +57 / 2 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    70ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    i understand Earl but week one Jefferys had 8 Catches? Players like CJ, and Marshell still get shut down every few week, and i wouldn't even say Jefferys was shut down vs vikes.
    I think you need to look at box stats instead of preseason opinions.

2. GBlaze23

GBlaze23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    WTF....I read the entire thread and see no one saying Jefferys had 8 catches in week one, which is not true. Perhaps you need to look at box stats more. I dont know where this even came from.

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,042 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,302ß
    he had 8 targets and 5 rec's. He had 5 targets last week and only 1 catch. I think the problem might be the fact that out of 13 targets he's caught under 50% of them.

4. GBlaze23

GBlaze23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    He has shown good hands, I'm not worried about that. He makes tough catches. If you are trying to correct me however, the poster said he had 8 catches last week. *shrugs*

5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,763 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    867ß
    He and Earl Bennett are underwhelming so far. Nothing to be worried about, as they've played good defenses, but when we get in "shoot out" games, they're gonna need to be relied upon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,727 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    781ß
    I think picking on Jeffery (with MartyB, Marshall, and Forte kicking ass) for not having more yards is a little premature and unfair right now. I'm not worried about him.

Earl on the other hand has one catch and very few looks even. Unless something changes big time, there's no need for him to be here next year. Or even to "start" out of the slot later this year. If he isn't even getting targets from Jay, lets give Joe Anderson or Wilson a shot.

• Like Like x 3
  7. BradMustersGhost

Ratings:
    +400 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    meh, with all due respect, I think you are kinda overreacting at this point, Henry. Cutler HAS been spreading the wealth pretty evenly.....Marshall, Bennett, Forte AND Jeffery have each been targeted around 27-33% of the time. Jeffery just seems to have a lower "reception/completion rate" than the other three, for whatever reason (as some have already pointed out). As for Bennett..well, hell..there is only one football and there are only so many passing plays...lol. Not too many teams spread the ball evenly between 5 different guys!

• Like Like x 3
  8. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    321ß
    Good point BMG.

Also the offense operates in reaction to the opposing D's game plan. If the opposing D give us single TE coverage all day, then the TE should get a lot of balls.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +723 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    459ß
    This is jut what I want the opponents to do when they look at the Bear film. Let's not worry about Alshon or Earl because we must shut those other guys down. Then guess what Trest is going to do? If your big weapons are not a true threats then they wouldn't have to worry about them, obviously they do but we have more...That's why this will get interesting as the year goes on to see how all these weapons start to be utilized. So only after 2 games I wouldn't get your panties in a bunch about the other guys just yet.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    boom-hi.png