Where the hell are our other receiving threats?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    942ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Um, Earl Bennett already has a long history of not producing, getting injured, and generally disappearing on the field. Alshon Jeffery has that magic "potential", but has yet to realize any of it. More than enough seasons to say Earl Bennett is starting to look like a liability, and AJ just isn't showing us what he has, yet, if he even shows it at all. He's made some good catches, and will probably have a few good games, but the way this board talks about him, it's like he's Brandon Marshall 2.0, and Trestman's gonna get everything out of him!!!!! What I'm saying is, he just hasn't produced since he's gotten here, and a few amazing catches does not a complete player make. He COULD be that number 2 we're looking for, but he hasn't proven that by a long shot. I'm not worried or anything, but these two need to start picking it up.

2. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    584ß
    ^ Well we will have to agree to disagree. Because that's not what I see at all other than yes Earl gets hurt a lot. But when he does get a chance he has produced for us in the past when thrown his way. Alshon will be and so will Marquess the Marshall replacements. These guys are just pups and wait till they get a little seasoning especially under Trest tutelage. These 2 guys will be solid players and both WILL BE pro bowl players you can take that to the bank.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:

woot.jpg woot.jpg woot.jpg woot.jpg

4. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,704ß
    They targeted Jeffrey TWICE on that final drive before throwing to Martellus. Alshon got past the CB on both plays. The CB leaped on the first one and made a finger-tip deflection. If Mills were not flagged for holding and the pass a few inches higher, that's a TD for sure. Trestman came right back to that play,and Jeffrey beat the CB, but Cutler overthrew him. Then they went to Bennett. BTW, the LB was sleeping on that play. Earl B. was used only to occupy the CB. When the LB just stood there instead of following Martellus, the CB came over but too late. I enjoy studying replays.

• Like Like x 3
  5. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    584ß
    I'll second that.

• Like Like x 3
  6. kevperro

kevperro Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    439ß
    Boldin was held to one catch this week after having thirteen last week. It is too small of a sample size to judge. Earl has been gold on third downs in the past and he isn't the quality of player who dominates games. He is good for a few clutch 3rd down conversions and once our offense gets into a groove that is all he needs to do. We have Marshall, the other Bennet and Jeffrey for the red zone.

It would be nice to see Jeffrey pulling down a few more. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until the sample size gets bigger.

7. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    867ß
    Don't for one second think you've seen what this offense can do. It won't be until next year that it really starts clicking. right now Tresty's keeping it simple to get the guys acclimated, especially the two rooks on the right side. Game after game they will get more complex and add more plays and wrinkles. Like a game plan, he's got a season plan. Let's wait to see how it develops.

• Like Like x 2
  8. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    I think either way this is Bennett's last year with the Bears to be honest.

• Like Like x 2
  9. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    When was the last time the Bears had so many weapons that we are discussing just why a couple of them aren't being targeted enough?
    All will come with time.
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    942ß
    It's not that they're not being targeted enough; the onus is on them to get open. Yeah, AJ had that one pass that he was almost open on (why that's a sticking point, I'll never know), but Bennett has been underwhelming for a slot receiver in the NFL