Where the hell are our other receiving threats?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Henry Burris, Sep 16, 2013.

1. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    831ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    BOOMERS in the making ...

its that kind of weird fuuucking shit ...

CHICAGO BEARS WIDE RECEIVERS ...

like ... they just got into the GAMEPLAN.

Give them a few more weeks.

2. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Guess yo missed the part where he was held out of TC for a concussion

,... AND as a matter fact,... YEAH they did just get into a BRAND NEW GAME PLAN this past summer.

3. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    929ß
    Yeah, Earl Bennett, if you'll recall, wasn't playing his rookie year, because he couldn't get "the hang of" Ron Turner's offensive system. He missed training camp because of a concussion? So what? Marshall missed a lot of it because he had hip surgery.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,584ß
    Marshal was allowed to be at TC though, Earl wasn't allowed to be anywhere near HH or training camp until he was cleared. The best the team could do was call him to see how he was doing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    929ß
    It doesn't excuse the fact that he's a consistent underachiever. He has been on the field, correct?

6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,584ß
    Earl's been a consistant under acheiver? what were the expectations of a 3rd round WR that went to the Bears?

His biggest issues have been a lack of ability to stay on the field the last 2 years. But 100 rec's in his first 2 years, in this O, isn't anything disappointing. It's not like he was ever the 1st or 2nd option.

7. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:

Henry quit toying around ,... You're smarter than this. Whats been here the last two years and whats here now are like COLD to now HOT

My reasoning for not putting any stock in his prior stats is that there is a new regime and system in place.

You're going to need to exercise some patience here. If Earl's in the number 3 spot ,... he's there for reason ,.. and I do believe he's a fairly good run blocker as well ??

Methods to madness,.... I believe

• Like Like x 1
  8. blinddeafmute

blinddeafmute DaBears Ditka

ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    How long does someone have to be patient before they can cut ties with a player? It's been long enough with Earl.

Look, I like him and hope he plays well, but he's been mediocre at best (even with shit for receivers over the years) and injury prone on top of that. Now he has some pressure coming up behind him. It's time to shit or get off the pot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    LOL another that eludes from the TC issues

You too ,.. you're a smarter than this BDM Bears had three guys sitting most of camp Bennet's one of them and well let see who the other two hmm Peppers and Melton ?? YOu guys are comparing apples to oranges here

Like I said if he's the number 3 guy ,.. he's in there for a reason ,..

Why this isn't sitting well with the many of you I'll never know

Are you all that insecure ??

Lovie's gone and I don't think we're going to be seeing draft picks wasting away on the bench any longer

Trestmans a HC in coming here, he's no cheery to league,...nor the game

I trust in what the guy is trying to do here. His mark on this team had to start somewhere and it has shown .. Trying to figure why which player is in or not will frustrate the many

Lets see how Earl does Sunday is all we can do

REMEMBER we're all just fans ;)

well for the most part

10. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    929ß
    Don't even start sliding in passive-aggressive ad hominem attacks. He's only the number 3 guy because he's got plenty of experience with the team. There's a time when that experience starts to mean nothing, and this season is approaching that point. Besides, the Bears will be in a lot of 2 TE sets this week, because having a 3rd wr, who isn't getting open won't really amount for much.