Whether It's Been Said Or Not Webb's On The Hot Seat...........

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    812ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Yeah, I was being overly conservative from the roster, starting and impact contribution standpoints. The point will likely be made that much stronger once we get some regular season play in the books.

2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    I meant to quote mr d and you. it wasn't contradicting your point, but reinforcing it.

3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    Yeah, I don't expect Mills to be great but if he can be just decent (he will make some mistakes, count on it) that's an accomplishment for a guy with only one week of 1st teams reps under his belt.

• Like Like x 1
  4. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    983ß
    Thanks, Bearstuff, I started to do a reply like yours but didn't have time to look up the FAs while I'm supposed to be working. I would add that Nate Collins, Kyle Long and Khaseem Green are contributors as well (or will be by game 1).

5. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,207ß
    I'll join you in that wish Grizz. He and Long are getting their shots with the first team tonight and if this is the future right side of the Bears OLine then it would be nice to see some signs of it. I'm looking for potential here, not perfection.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    Unless Mills absolutely sparkles (which isn't realistic to expect), I hope they give Britton a good look at RT. He was a solid player there before his injury and supposedly is fully healthy again. A lineup like this could be a good option:
    Bushrod - Slauson - Garza - Long - Britton
    (Reserves--Mills/Brown/Scott or Webb)

• Like Like x 2
  7. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,207ß
    Nope, but he's an expert on college football and the next generation of great NFL QBs. Future All Pros every one of them and he even guarantees it. :rolleyes:

Exaggeration???? Is that what that was? I had a couple of other words in mind myself. :p

Great post brother. At least some of us can back up our posts with facts. :)

Oh, and can I have my dislike button back for a bit. I could really use it just about now. ;)

8. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,787ß
    I agree, but from what I see they are not to open to recalibrating a players potential after injury (Carimi)

9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,787ß

The man certainly does not the facts cloud his judgement.

10. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    There was no need or motivation to sign Britton if they had no intention to give him a shot. His injury occurred a couple years ago with another team.

And I think a lot of Carimi's final disposition had to do with attitude. As in....GC blowing off OTAs and snubbing the new coaching staff trying to install a new offense. Somehow I don't think Emery would have pulled the plug on a former 1st rounder so fast if Carimi had gotten with the program better.