Whether It's Been Said Or Not Webb's On The Hot Seat...........

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,884 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,184ß
    Never thought of Long at C. Interesting. I think he could be the LT of the future though. Bushrod on the other side. What a pair of T's...

But as Kromer has mentioned, you have be stout in the middle too. Not much chance of finding another Long out there. He was a good bet and would have gone top 10 maybe top 5 if he had more time in college to play. That's not going to fall into our lap twice. But a G or a C we should be able to get if we want to burn another high pick. Those guys normally don't go so high. Not sure we will go Ol so early though next year. We have some skill players to still pick up. I think DE is an issue with Shea. Unless t use him differently, he is not going to be able to provide constant pressure.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +691 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    399ß
    I agree, I believe if Long got to stay in college he would have been the 1st or 2nd pick and easy top 5 pick next draft. So Emery did a great job stealing next years top pick in bottom 1st round. With only 2 preseason games under his belt he's got all the potential to be pro-bowler but also Hall of Famer linemen just chip off the old block. What is that pick worth?
  3. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I have been saying to move Shea to OLB for a while. In a few years it could be Greene-Bostic-McClellan. Sounds good to me.
  4. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +691 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    399ß
  5. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I bet all the local McDonalds are freaking out LOL!
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,361 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    390ß
    I guess Webb was told: "take a pay reduction or you're cut". I assume since he did he will prob be on the team as the swing. Hardball by Emery.
  7. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think it was rather clear that I was discussing not the 2013 additions but the 2012 additions. I'm actually very optimistic about this offseason's haul.
  8. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    LOL@this guy. Always crying like a child when anyone criticizes Cutler. Grab a new pair of depends guy.
  9. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    Stop being a nitwit douche.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    You're right its impossible to say at this point Grizz. But what has Cutler really done as a Bear that would make anyone believe he'll have a 'breakout' season this year? I mean I think behind the scenes, Cutler is going to have to have a tremendous season for them to part with the big money deal of $10mil plus a year. A lot is stacked against Cutler this year and I will be incredibly shocked if he actually thrives in this offense in his first year.
  11. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Hey I learned it from watching you...
  12. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,884 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,184ß
    As was mentioned, Webb took a pay cut to stay and he may not be able to stay anyway. Saving almost 700K. Water seeks its own level and Webbs just never was very high. Still a disappointment. I actually thought that Kromer would be able to get something out of him. Just a gentle giant I guess. At the very least, my hope was that Kromer would be able to make a non biased decision as to his worth and apparently, that's exactly what happened and the news was not good. I was rooting for him, but I guess this is no surprise. I'm not sure Scott is any better though and he is injured more often.

Report: J’Marcus Webb has salary reduced
    Posted by Mike Wilkening on August 18, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
    [​IMG] Getty Images
    J’Marcus Webb began the preseason as the Bears’ starting right tackle.
    Now, he’s vying or a reserve role, as rookie Jordan Mills has moved into his former spot in the lineup.
    What’s more. Webb has taken a salary cut, Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reported on Sunday.
    Instead of making $1.323 million in salary in 2013, Webb’s base salary is now $630,000, Biggs reported.
    According to the Tribune, Webb can recapture the lost earnings via incentives tying to his playing time. Of course, whether Webb can get back on to the field with the Bears’ starters remains to be seen — and his roster spot isn’t yet secure, either.
  13. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,361 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    390ß
    All I have to say to this is:

YAY!!!!! :14_6_16[1]:

Maybe just maybe, Webb will start taking his job as seriously as his next Twitter post. We needed some cap room and now money isn't a big factor in who we keep and cut on the OL reserve. Webb may stick--prob will now--but unless he really changes minds he won't be offered a new contract in 2014. Obviously, the new regime isn't impressed by him at all to say the least.
  14. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    Ric... wasn't that what I told you last week? Webb sucks, he'll not finsh the season on our roster and he already lost his job.
  15. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +691 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    399ß
    You think the fudgepackers want him? Talk about a win win situation for us.
  16. WearyBear

WearyBear Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I could be wrong - and it wouldn't be the first time - but I'm willing to bet this is Webb's last year with the Bears. When a player is humiliated on tv and still doesn't learn and can't get motivated, this signifies a serious problem. Does this guy love the game? Does he want to play? I don't think any amount of coaching will work with this guy.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    I find it ironic that you are so critical of a QB that has suffered through one of the worst O-Lines in the league, 3 different ( and poor) offensive coordinators and an absence of any real receiving corp since he's been in Chicago, yet you have advocated for Mr. Webb (one of Jay Cutlers biggest problems) since you've been here. Do you actually watch these games? Do you understand the dynamics of the game? You always talk about Cutlers poor record against bad teams, but that was also one of the things that got Lovie canned and you are fine with Lovie, at least you were when you first got here. Losing to good teams has more to do with the team as a whole (Offense, Defense, ST, Game Planning, etc.) than anything a single player on either side of the ball can accomplish.

You can ridicule those of us that provide answers to explain Cutlers shortcomings all you want, but when you provide disparaging remarks about valid discussions it only reflects on you; in fact, keep it coming. Also, as you compare Cutler to Good Rex/Bad Rex, I would point out that Cutlers game more closely resembles another QB whom I despise, but is much more highly regarded in Brett Favre. None of these guys are the same as the other, but they are all "gunslingers" who have had problems with dumb interceptions, but especially with regard to Cutler and Favre, have made throws that few other QB's can make.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. motownbear

motownbear derp daderp daderpidity derp Staff Member Staff Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    he should have been on the hot seat two years ago but everyone was in love with tice magician tricks
  19. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +691 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    399ß
    People only see what they want to see when they want to justify their stance on that said person. All I can say about the Cutler situation it’s brain dead obvious Emery is building everything around Cutler. From day 1 Emery started this journey with the acquisition of BMarsh and draft’s Jeffrey. Then either Lovie or Tice said we have everything we need in the present Olinemen and Lovie said we have TE that can be the top in the league. Well its next year and how many of those guys are still on the team? Cutler BMarsh and Jeffrey so Emery continues to building process new oline, TE and most important QB whisper in Trestman. Has Bears ever had one of those? (roll eyes)

So with no real backup plan to Cutler hate him or love him this‘s Emery’s vision. At least Emery has a vision. I am so tired of Bears building a team by knee jerk responses lets have some F’ing direction and lets go…Emery has the balls to do it. I’m so thankful Angelo and Lovie lack of direction /vision are gone. I don’t care if we go 16-0 or 0-16 at least we have some sense of direction by the new leaders.
    • Like Like x 3
  20. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    Well said Tre.