Whether It's Been Said Or Not Webb's On The Hot Seat...........

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    FLUSH THE TOILET Already
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,661 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    569ß
    1) Webb just accepted an approx 50% paycut; last year the same thing happened to the 3rd rb, and he was cut. not a good sign for Webb.
    2) The idea that the team has no choise but to resign Cutler are forgetting that the team could draft a qb and start over, it's allowed and is done, and not just at the top of the draft. There are rookies that start in the nfl every year, and not just the top 5 picks. I don't think it will happen that way, but I guarantee you that if Trestman doesn't think Cutler is taking to his though process or teachings they'll be a new qb in here that will; again not that I think that will happen
    • Like Like x 3
  3. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,661 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    569ß
    So for all you Carimi fan boys.....lol he has been demoted to 3rd string in the buc's OL, that's according t rotoworld, so take it w/a grain of salt, but Schiano has confirmed he lost the RT job. I'm looking for something that mentions where Gabe is now on the roster, but it wouldn't suprise me if he is 3rd.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    from his facebook page ...

J'Marcus Webb
    The season will start soon. I plan on playing on the field just as I always have. I've got great coaches and a solid organization. Don't read between the lines. I'm working hard everyday and I Got this!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,033 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    64ß
    If true, this just adds further credence to the fact that Emery made the right call on Carimi. It sucks (another 1st round bust), but at least we got something for him rather than having to cut him when he couldn't earn a spot and didn't want to be here anymore anyway.
  6. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,661 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    569ß
    Yep, as I was looking around there was a lot of chatter of the Bears just flat releasing him, so the fact that they got a 6th for him is great. Carimi just isn't the guy so many people, including myself, thought he'd be. It was a good/safe trade for TB too, b/c if all he needed was a change of scenery then it would have been a steal, if it doesn't work out, they really didn't lose anything.

so after looking around some, i've verified he's lost the RT starting job, but so far everything says he's still 2nd string....b/c none of the young guys have impressed. If he doesn't show something next year I bet they try and throw him at G and see if he sticks....but no way he's a T in the NFL.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  7. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
  8. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'm not an advocate for Webb. I'm an advocate for the Bears keeping Webb, as opposed to going into the season putting all their eggs in one basket with a 5th rd pick at RT. The Bears don't have any All Pro lineman. Therefore they need as many experienced bodies as possible.

That is the legacy that Jay Cutler will leave behind. The greatest QB that never made it because of one excuse after the next. Years from now...when more talented QBs come along and fail, they'll say, "So and so is gonna be the next Jay Cutler..."
  9. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
  10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    144ß
    This where we differ I know all I need to on Webb. So at this point I have more confidence in a third grade school girl having more moxy than Webb. Pro bowl linemen you talk Mills has way more chance of being pro bowler over Webb. Just because a guy looks the part doesn't mean he can play the part. Ask Alonzo Spellman...
  11. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Wow thanks for the update Ric. I admit I was a Carimi fanboy myself. How could you not like a Outland Trophy winner right? But now that trade by Emery looks like a coup. Chances are Carimi will get cut and maybe that bad wheel will always be bad. Tragic end to what once looked like a very promising career.
  12. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Listen, when Webb came in as a 7th rd pick, we heard it all before. He was a promising player. He had great size. Same thing is being said about Mills and we still haven't seen how he handles a regular season game. I knew Bears fans would get carried away with Mills' play against SD. Webb is in the final year of his deal. The paycut he got makes him an even cheaper roster player. It would be stupid to dump Webb when he can play LT and RT and has been durable. You need quality backups and guys with experience. And the Bears have very few. The last thing you want is an injury to Bushrod or Mills just being awful at RT and having to look to Scott, coming off surgery.
  13. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +439 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    42ß
    I think the pay cut is a great indicator he will be the swing T this year with a chance to rearm the job. He will make the min if he dosent play so its a win/win
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    144ß
    That's exactly right, how many times did Webb get to prove himself? Because of all you said and look what he still doesn't do even on the 2nd line. He should look like Long does on 1st line but he doesn't and that is the problem. With his demotion he should be driving guys into the Soldier Field turf especially line 2 players but he's not. Webb didn't come out his rookie season and make very few mistakes like Mills has, he doesn't even show what Mills has at this point. Time is over for Webb there's the F'ing door don't let hit you in ass on the way out oh, that's right the door hit you in the mouth because you suck . Bye!!
  15. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,033 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    64ß
    At his new cheaper price, I have no problem hanging onto Webb one more year as the swing. At least he's durable and uninjured and can play both sides. I have concerns about how prepared he will be if needed just sitting on the bench collecting a check (when he didn't seem to give a crap even when handed primo starting jobs) but what choice is there?

Scott is chronically hurt and he's little more than hot garbage himself and Britton is a pure RT/G. At least now we aren't paying a premium over vet minimum for Webb's (albeit crappy) services.
  16. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,661 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    569ß
    He's durable, experienced, cheap...and has the chance to get that loss of money back w/playing time...so hopefully motivated.
  17. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
  18. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,033 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    64ß
    I wonder how many times we have said that about Webb. It's never happened before so I'm skeptical.
  19. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

I don't see ole Phil dealing down Webb just to keep him if Scott doesn't comeback

YOu wouldn't have confidence in guy who had his knee drained LMAO ? It was drained it's not like Scotts thee star tackle

Check this out too from the link "
    A seventh-year veteran, Scott started in 12 games for the Bears last season, and allowed only one sack."

Sorry but in addition to nice numbers there ,... there were a few times last year after Scott FINALLY got on the field where he was the only lineman that hustled it up for a few fumbles WHILE the rest of the line just stood there .

You can have your Webb . Scott's a back up a better back up AND who's to say Ole Phil doesn't pick up another tackle from somewherez else in these waning weeks of the pre season ?? hmmmm

Patience ,...grasshopper,... patience ;)
  20. CNYBearFan54

CNYBearFan54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I hope Webb gets it together for his own good, but I don't think it will be in Chicago! I'm quite okay with him disappearing and taking his nation(or lack there of) with him.