Whether It's Been Said Or Not Webb's On The Hot Seat...........

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    You don't get it. I'm not looking to keep Webb beyond this season. He has value as a backup. Is that really hard to understand? It might be time for you to hire someone to help you with the internet.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    LOL Clearly you don't follow the Bears very closely. Jonathan Scott DID NOT start 12 games for the Bears last season. He started 7 and did not play well at all last year.
  3. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Smatazz eh ,... he did play in 12 games

so I copied a bad quote
    sue me for being human dude AND i don't sleep with me I-pad and sport periodicals

he did way better than YER BOY Webb allowing ONLY 1 sack

feel better that you supposedly know more than someone else ?? I said supposedly

psssst like money ,...... ya can't take it wit ya ,........ Yer so called wisdom
  4. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    WOuld that be
    1. Back up Grill Man at Mickey Ds ,...
    2. Back up Broiler Man at Burger King ,..
    3. or Back Up Fry man at either ???
    4. or none of the above he's really a bust
  5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,861 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    110ß
    There have been a lot of OL guys going down to injury in recent weeks. I wonder if any team might give us a 2014 draft pick for Webb, even if it was just a late round pick? I know it sounds crazy, but some teams do crazy things like this if they're desperate. I'd hate to cut Webb and not get anything for him in return.......even a 7th round pick would be better than nothing.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Sup Just

They already have him chewed down to half his salary ,... I just don't think it's looking good for him ,.... he is worthless well OK ,...maybe a 6 th rounder like they got for Carimi ,..

Who knows what Phil's up to ??? We sure as hell don't and won't know until the lights come on ,... with regard to the way he's been wheeling n dealin the last week
  7. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +417 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    Webb does have value as the back up and as much as I'm pulling for Mills..lets slow down one second. We have seen Mills in one half of a PS game. Before we assume that he is the clear cut starter we have to see what he can do in this game on Friday. Its completely possible he makes a disaster out of it and then we are back to the question of him even starting and Webb is back in the mix to re-earn his job. As much as I hope we can get a solid, hopeful new start with Mills I'm just stating the obvious that Mills is no lock just yet.
  8. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    ya Better get on the phone with Phil then ,.... they did the deal with Webb over the weekend ,...jus sayin
    Or maybe mills lights it up the rest of the preseason Webb is offed either way

Peronsally like Just's idea on maybe trading him if they are really looking to unload him
  9. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +417 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    I'm hopeful it will work out like that but you are misunderstanding the entire scope of what his salary cut meant. His contract was changed to a vet min base with heavy playing time incentives that will allow him to get back to the same salary he originally had IF he starts every game. If he rides the bench as a backup, he will make the min (meaning we can't get a Swing T for cheaper.)

As far as Webb as a backup he is experienced and has played both LT and RT. Combine that with dirt cheap and its a good move to keep him for the year and let him look for something better after the year. If we just cut him we would be left with Scott as the Swing T who frankly played like crap last year and has a history of injuries. Yes, Webb was infuriating to watch the last few years but we have to set aside personal feelings to see the big picture.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +447 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    49ß
    I forgot you don't like Cutler so you like seeing his head get slammed to the ground. That's why you're such a Webb fan boy. Why is it when I read your posts I always hear dueling Banjos playing?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +326 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    38ß
    In 2006, the Cleveland Browns traded us a 7th round pick for OL Lennie Friedman because their center had just injured his knee. Who? Yes, that Lennie Friedman. The one that played in the last regular season game of 2005.
  12. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    lmao dueling banjos GIDDY UP
  13. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    perosnally I d like to see what Ole Phil may muster up from cuts n waivers , I know it's a big if but ya never know what might slip thought the cracks

As per hangin on to webb,.... I am a staunch NO

Trade him,... whatever ,...the guy's a turnstyle
  14. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +998 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    Even though there's improvements on the OL, it's far from a finished product. Depth still sucks even if the starting 5 (whoever it ends up being) pans out better than expected. We are going to be drafting OL and turning over personnel in that unit for the time to come. That's how it goes when you're trying to rebuild a 5 man unit from basically nothing.

Scott is (injured) hot garbage. I have no idea why management loves him so. Carimi was an injury bust. Webb is a dumpster fire too. The only difference (now that their salaries have been equalized) is that Webb is younger and healthier. So I wouldn't be surprised if Webb sticks over Scott. Neither one of them is a long term Bear. Unless Webb does things we have never seen him do (like pay the eff attention for instance to start), he won't be offered a new contract next February. He's gone, it's only a matter of when.

Fellas, no one is gonna offer more than a six pack of Bud Lite for Webb in trade. There's a ton of bad tape on him, his lack of work ethic is well documented, and he's a 7th round failure who just lost lost a job he was handed on a silver platter. Every team knows that and knows that he will be cut if a trade were to be proposed.

And, Mr. D, stop pretending like Webb is anything more than he is--a known failure who's worth is nothing more than as a possible backup on a thin OL. He wouldn't sniff the 49ers roster. He's trash, who may just be just enough un-trashy to make the team one more time. That's about it. For all the shit you give Cutler, Webb is a FAIL 100 times worse.
  15. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
  16. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Wait a second

someone here thinks it's Cutler's fault Webb Sucks ??
    GIMME SOME of that shit

I hope it's beer
  17. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,162 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    If were talking depth players there is one more factor to consider and that is work ethic. You get rid of the golden child that could do no wrong with a questionable work ethic that certainly helps the locker room and gives rise to players who know that they will get a fair shake.

Four years to see potential in Webb, limited improvement, consistent inconsistency, low football I.Q. Under-performing investment. If he can be traded for a 7th or a ham sandwich then make it so.

Enough of all this...
    • Like Like x 1
  18. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +998 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    I'd take a 7th for him in a heartbeat...be a steal.
  19. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I thnk Mr D is Webb
  20. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +998 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    Quick, someone check Mr. D's pockets for a McDonald's receipt....