Whether It's Been Said Or Not Webb's On The Hot Seat...........

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,787ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Never thought of Long at C. Interesting. I think he could be the LT of the future though. Bushrod on the other side. What a pair of T's...

But as Kromer has mentioned, you have be stout in the middle too. Not much chance of finding another Long out there. He was a good bet and would have gone top 10 maybe top 5 if he had more time in college to play. That's not going to fall into our lap twice. But a G or a C we should be able to get if we want to burn another high pick. Those guys normally don't go so high. Not sure we will go Ol so early though next year. We have some skill players to still pick up. I think DE is an issue with Shea. Unless t use him differently, he is not going to be able to provide constant pressure.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    661ß
    I agree, I believe if Long got to stay in college he would have been the 1st or 2nd pick and easy top 5 pick next draft. So Emery did a great job stealing next years top pick in bottom 1st round. With only 2 preseason games under his belt he's got all the potential to be pro-bowler but also Hall of Famer linemen just chip off the old block. What is that pick worth?

3. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    I have been saying to move Shea to OLB for a while. In a few years it could be Greene-Bostic-McClellan. Sounds good to me.

4. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    661ß
  5. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    I bet all the local McDonalds are freaking out LOL!

6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    I guess Webb was told: "take a pay reduction or you're cut". I assume since he did he will prob be on the team as the swing. Hardball by Emery.

7. Mr. Deliverance

ßearz ßuckz:
    I think it was rather clear that I was discussing not the 2013 additions but the 2012 additions. I'm actually very optimistic about this offseason's haul.

8. Mr. Deliverance

ßearz ßuckz:
    LOL@this guy. Always crying like a child when anyone criticizes Cutler. Grab a new pair of depends guy.

9. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    256ß
    Stop being a nitwit douche.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr. Deliverance

ßearz ßuckz:
    You're right its impossible to say at this point Grizz. But what has Cutler really done as a Bear that would make anyone believe he'll have a 'breakout' season this year? I mean I think behind the scenes, Cutler is going to have to have a tremendous season for them to part with the big money deal of $10mil plus a year. A lot is stacked against Cutler this year and I will be incredibly shocked if he actually thrives in this offense in his first year.