Which QB do you want to draft next year?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by ChiCityBears, Oct 21, 2013.

1. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2014QB.php

This mock has the Texans taking the 3rd best QB: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1815736-2014-nfl-draft-updated-one-round-mock-draft/page/11

However, that mock has the Bucs taking Marcus Mariota as the second QB of the draft. Mike Glennon is playing good though. So, it will not happen probably.

I do not follow college football. Can you guys tell us if these QBs are any good?

2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    480ß
    Ratings:
    +681 / 3 / -0
    Ok, I'll play out of sheer boredom in this 3 hour lecture.

Give me...

Boyd
    Mariota
    Murray

..in that order

All dual threats that allow for maximum flexibility. Boyd is a very dangerous runner who's a 5th year senior. On pace for 8,200 yards in jr/sr year so can throw the whole tree as well.

Purely a "I'm bored" post nobody can really add substance until March.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    His release is ugly, just like Vick and Vince Young:

4. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    480ß
    Ratings:
    +681 / 3 / -0
    2 seasons of 4,000 yards... Add in Trestman and his running ability. I'll still take em.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,057ß
    Ratings:
    +4,517 / 10 / -8
    I thought Boyd was expected to be a high pick, maybe the 2nd or 3rd off the board, no way the Bears get him, unless he falls to 15-20. But if his comparissons are Vick and Young, I'll pass...although I think Trestman would be able to work that out, there's just to much bad to overcome in Vick/Young.

6. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    The Texans, Browns, Cardinals, Vikings and us will probably all go for QBs in the draft. We will probably have the best record of the bunch. However, we can always trade up.

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,057ß
    Ratings:
    +4,517 / 10 / -8
    w/all the things we need in the draft, bank on them trading back, not up, and taking a qb in the 2nd or 3rd, not 1st.

8. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    I just looked at the Vikings' schedule and it seems it will be very hard for them to win any more games.

9. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,981ß
    Ratings:
    +2,832 / 7 / -9
    With McCown.... Might be hard for the Bears to win any more

10. stonehouse91

stonehouse91 Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I know the Bears wanna draft a QB, but Cutler will almost certainly be back, McCown depending on how he plays is a fine backup.

Can Emery really justify drafting a QB early with the amount of help we need on defense? I would rather pay Cutler knowing how he's played in Trestman's system than piecing together a new defense through FA.

anyways that being said, Mariota is overrated, I think he is going to struggle in the NFL, he throws to wide open players due to his system, has very good players around him ,and is athletic, same with Boyd and those guys always seem to leave people starstruck. I'm not sure how good Mariota is at reading defenses either seems like they use a lot of either/or reads.

Give me Murray, fundamentally sound when he has decent pass protection, runs a pro system, is very accurate on short to intermediate throws, has a good enough arm, can make reads, he's not flashy but he's an almost ideal fit for Trestman's system.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1