Which QB do you want to draft next year?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by ChiCityBears, Oct 21, 2013.

1. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears

Cutler is thirty. In his time in the NFL he only had one good season. Even under the tutelage of a QB guru in Trestman, bad Jay has appeared just like bad Rex appeared. We need someone who does not make so many interceptions.
  2. CaptainHookShot

CaptainHookShot

Give me Johnny Football! I think he's got Namath's personality with Drew Brees' physical attributes. I can just imagine him being drafted by the Bears and guaranteeing a super bowl for Chicago. The Bears have arguably one of the best wide receiver tight end combos in the nfl right now, beyond Trestman's brain trust I really don't think it matters who is in there as long as his initials aren't JC. I think McCown is gonna surprise some people Monday, he knows he's at the end of his rope and this is likely the biggest game of his career so he's probably gonna go for it. 4 td's or 4 int's. Either way I had this penciled as a guaranteed L with Cutler under center, now they at least stand a chance.
  3. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears

The Packers' O is prolific. It is in the top 5. They do have lots of receivers out though. McCown could surprise the Packers' D.
  4. DavidL

DavidL SuperFan

I would mortgage the farm to get Johnny Football. He is the best college QB I have ever seen. But with his playing style, I'd worry about his durability.
  5. MikeGolf97

MikeGolf97

6. VJ18

VJ18

How do you guys want a guy like Manziel? He takes off too much and will end up on the bench or in a hospital bed more then Cutler. Cutler needs to role out more and brace himself for hard hits

regardless, this is a guy we want for the future right here

7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

I agree about the durability concern. I also would be worried that he'd just continue to be a "problem child" and a distraction. The guy behaves like a complete ass. You can have his "handlers" protect him at the college level. But as a QB in the NFL, it becomes more problematic. The guy needs to grow up.

These draft picks are SO precious and few & our needs are many. Why take ANY chances on a guy who has crap for brains?
  8. Grizzblue

Grizzblue

Well the talent for value of where we would likely pick would make that too hard to pass up. There hardly any question he is the most talented player in college football. If we were sitting 8-12 and he was available it would be a no brainier.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears

He sounds like another Benson or Cutler.
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

I don't think Cutler has had any arrests and scandals like Benson or Manziel. I don't think he had to be sanctioned by his college, Vanderbuilt either. Unless I missed something. Jay can be moody and petulant, but that's about it. Has he been arrested? Now you have me curious.
  11. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

Closest thing I can find... linked to a vandalism that took place at McDaniel's home shortly after he was traded.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...jay-cutler-linked-to-mcdaniels-vandalism-case

Then there is this report about him being arrested his freshman year at Vandy.

http://sportsmockery.com/jay-cutler-arrested-freshman-year-vanderbilt/
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

The Vandy arrest looks legit. The link was to an Si.com article. Hah, I never knew that. I still wouldn't equate that to Benson. But maybe I'm playing favorites here. At least we haven't had to cut Jay for no compensation like we did with Benson.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  13. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

I am guessing the vandalism link was due to a butt hurt fan. Mad at McDaniels for pushing Jay out the door, and Jay for demanding a trade
    • Agree Agree x 1