Who do we Hire

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Dec 16, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,177 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,747ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    With all the insider scoop today that Trestman and staff are gone who should the candidates be. For kicks Emery status is now questionable so who is available. Many GM's may not want to come to Chicago per reports and if Emery hires a new HC he needs an extension to match the new regime or will Phil and Ted be relieved and re-assigned respectively.

I would love to see a re-organization and a President of football operations brought on board. I doubt that will happen thus the same questions regarding Phillips ability to bring in a GM looms. Thus I presume Emery will survive and probably get the extension to secure a HC and staff to be interested. Typically they bring in both Offense and Defensive minded coaches.

Defense Rex Ryan
    Offense Jim Harbaugh

Who else should be considered. One of each please.

2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,610 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,383ß
    whoever the smartest O and D guys are who have never been an NFL HC

3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,177 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,747ß
    so who are they, you have to have a list. Also why "never been and NFL HC", one of the complaints is we hire inexperienced coaches. If you want experience no experience as NFL Coach would contradict the complaints

4. The Benjamin

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,610 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,383ß
    I want someone who knows what they are doing, but that is not the Bears way. They do not hire a HC who has previously been one.

5. MikeGolf97

MikeGolf97 Rookie

Ratings:
    +57 / 2 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    70ß
    two years ago when we went with Tressman the Bears were the gig to land. We could of had pretty much whoever we wanted. Now we are a train wreck, it will take some smooth talking and money to land a real coach.

6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,177 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,747ß
    Its not their way to fire a HC with 2 years on the contract either. So if it is going to happen I am trying to establish the high bar and determine where we may settle.

7. The Benjamin

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,610 / 7 / -9
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,383ß
    That would almost clinch they will hire another first timer

8. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,177 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,747ß
    Legends are made from opportunities like this. Some HC will believe in Cutler under there scheme. The defense has some young players with proper coaching have the chance to be solid players. With this years draft we can fill several needs and they have an option to live with Cutler, draft his replacement for next year, or work out some sort of trade. Many options along with potentially $40 million of cap space. I still believe Chicago is a dream job and suspect many candidates would like the opportunity.

9. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,177 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,747ß
    Legends are made from opportunities like this. Some HC will believe in Cutler under there scheme. The defense has some young players with proper coaching have the chance to be solid players. With this years draft we can fill several needs and they have an option to live with Cutler, draft his replacement for next year, or work out some sort of trade. Many options along with potentially $40 million of cap space. I still believe Chicago is a dream job and suspect many candidates would like the opportunity.

10. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +574 / 2 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    913ß
    Somebody with a 'smaller' sized playbook would be good cuz it needs to be dumbed-down for our players . It's not necessarily a bad thing . Lombardi was known to have a smaller sized playbook but he drilled his guys hard and made them learn how to play them to perfection . He won with it and he inherited a bad team . Our guys look confused to me like they're playing the 1st pre-season game , every game . They need to know what the identity of their offense is . Defense has to be the same .

They're not gonna get anybody w a brain ( and any good ) to come in here unless the guy has a clean slate and a bona-fide fresh start . That means no GM who is on shaky ground (or who has to run FOOTBALL decisions thru idiot Phillips ) , nobody forcing him to accept coaches from the previous staff , no ridiculous press conference test etc . It's their only chance .