Who is the bigger loss?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Oct 21, 2013.

?

Which Player is the bigger loss?

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    227ß
    Bears lost three players yesterday. Two for at least four weeks... Tillman, is injured but still playing (dont think he will miss time, but an injured Tillman hurts the team) Two others have been lost for the year.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  2. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,434 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    194ß
    I'll say Cutler, but Briggs is pretty damn huge. Cutler was on a career path minus a few hickups(including yesterday), but Briggs was a beast yesterday, and although the D wheels were all flat and unhinged yesterday, the minute he went out the wheels completely came off, rims and all. The team is now down 2 pro bowlers, has 2 probowlers over 30 and playing hurt. The D NEEDED Briggs at a high level, and now has him out 4-6 weeks.

Still Cutler is a bigger loss, not just for the next few games, but for the potential impact it could create going into next season and beyond.
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,810 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    69ß
    Bushrod's quote said it all yesterday when he said "We lost our leader" today. Briggs is a huge loss too. He was the leader on defense.
  5. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'd with Cutler. Cutler can make the 4th quarter comebacks I'm not sure McCown can.

Briggs is a leader and have played really well in this season prior to injurie but I still think Cutler is the bigger lose because he is the bigger playmaker. But it's really 50/50 because we need them both badly.
  6. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +482 / 3 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    79ß
    Peppers former self and our pass rush.
  7. GibsonMcQueen

GibsonMcQueen Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think Cutler will be the biggest loss. Obviously the D will suffer with the loss of Briggs, but it won't matter what the D does if the Offense doesn't put up points and while McCown looked good yesterday, I've seen him play well for one week before, but I don't think he'll be able to do it consistently enough for us to stay competitive.
  8. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    227ß
    Added Peppers for ya
  9. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Cutler no question about it.
  10. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +566 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    98ß
    Cutler of course. Everytime Cutler goes down the whole team falls apart.

The defense sucked with Briggs calling the shots. Don't think it can get any worse.
  11. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I am torn on the Briggs setting the D. After all the years on the team he should atleast be comfortable or know it. It is his first year doing it though
  12. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,434 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    194ß
    Briggs was the qb of the D, and really the only one playing lights in and lights out, as bad as the D was, it was 10x worse w/out him. We'll have to wait and see just how bad the O is w/out Cutler, if only 5x worse then the loss of Briggs will be bigger. It's not as cut and dry and many think.
  13. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I will agree with this/that. But being new to calling the D, Briggs wasn't as good as BU, cause of the years doing it. Briggs was rocking it with his play.
  14. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Any time you lose your starting quarterback, that's a major blow. McCown simply can't do the things that Cutler can, although he played very well on Sunday and did a good job of protecting the football. But it could be worse; the Vikings are on their third quarterback and all of them have been awful.
  15. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    18ß
    I'm going to say Melton.

We have no ability to get a pass rush or stop the run, and that starts with the guys in the middle. Plus if Melton is healthy I think that the DEs have a better chance of getting to the QB.

Briggs is big, because he was not only the leader on D, but he was playing great. However even with Briggs on the field the Defense has been terrible.

Cutler is a big deal also, because everything has been centered around him on offense. But we have other play makers on Offense that can carry Josh as long as he executes when he needs to. If Josh can be Alex Smith like (gets the ball to his play makers quickly), then we have a good chance to win some games while Jay heals. Let Forte, B Marsh, AJ, Bennett, and Bennett be the studs, just get it to them quickly so they have a chance to make the first guy miss.
  16. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +190 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Even before all the injuries the "D" was suspect and I suspect it was a result of Peppers decline.