Who is the bigger loss?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Oct 21, 2013.

?

Which Player is the bigger loss?

1. Lance Briggs

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. Jay Cutler

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Charles Tillman

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. DJ Williams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Henry Melton

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. Loss of Peppers' former self

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    154ß
    Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I am torn on the Briggs setting the D. After all the years on the team he should atleast be comfortable or know it. It is his first year doing it though

2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,073ß
    Ratings:
    +4,520 / 10 / -8
    Briggs was the qb of the D, and really the only one playing lights in and lights out, as bad as the D was, it was 10x worse w/out him. We'll have to wait and see just how bad the O is w/out Cutler, if only 5x worse then the loss of Briggs will be bigger. It's not as cut and dry and many think.

3. yttocs

yttocs Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    154ß
    Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I will agree with this/that. But being new to calling the D, Briggs wasn't as good as BU, cause of the years doing it. Briggs was rocking it with his play.

4. abegibronlives

abegibronlives Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    184ß
    Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -0
    Any time you lose your starting quarterback, that's a major blow. McCown simply can't do the things that Cutler can, although he played very well on Sunday and did a good job of protecting the football. But it could be worse; the Vikings are on their third quarterback and all of them have been awful.

5. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    230ß
    Ratings:
    +429 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to say Melton.

We have no ability to get a pass rush or stop the run, and that starts with the guys in the middle. Plus if Melton is healthy I think that the DEs have a better chance of getting to the QB.

Briggs is big, because he was not only the leader on D, but he was playing great. However even with Briggs on the field the Defense has been terrible.

Cutler is a big deal also, because everything has been centered around him on offense. But we have other play makers on Offense that can carry Josh as long as he executes when he needs to. If Josh can be Alex Smith like (gets the ball to his play makers quickly), then we have a good chance to win some games while Jay heals. Let Forte, B Marsh, AJ, Bennett, and Bennett be the studs, just get it to them quickly so they have a chance to make the first guy miss.

6. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    41ß
    Ratings:
    +220 / 0 / -0
    Even before all the injuries the "D" was suspect and I suspect it was a result of Peppers decline.