Who is the most underrated QB of all time?

Discussion in 'NFL Forum' started by Henry Burris, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Metallman56

Metallman56
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    ram would you rather have dilfer or marino ?

2. ram29jackson

ram29jackson
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    107ß

who has a ring ?

3. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,125ß
    dumbest comment ever. One is in the HoF and arguably the best that ever played, probably top 10, the other has a ring b/c of a great D and ST's bailing him out and will never be mistaken as a HoF'r or anywhere close to the top 10.

• Like Like x 2
  4. little bear

little bear
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,345ß
    Yes and no, Ric.

Dilfer is the worst QB ever to win the Super Bowl. We can all agree on that.

Marino is definitely a Top 5 QB in the history of the NFL but Montana, Young and Manning are better and more complete than him. But that's just my opinion.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,125ß
    Well that's why I said arguably. I didn't say I would, but no doubt that he's in the conversation. Before Peyton stole a SB from our Bears, many considered him the Marino of our era to Brady's Montana. Those are pretty high praises.

6. ram29jackson

ram29jackson
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    107ß
    just asking who'd I rather have has nothing to do with any of that. Both were in the biggest game of their lives and Dilfer was a much older much wiser man when he got there. He did what he needed and has the ultimate prize. Marino was too young and didn't know what to do and how to do it. He never got back. I don't care about Marino being better his entire career. It has nothing to do with Dilfer having the ring that all want but can not have

7. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,125ß
    But that had nothing to do w/his ability. If you put ANY qb in the HOF on that Balt team, they have a ring right now, young or not...same w/that Chicago team that went to, but lost the SB. If the Bears have Marino, they go undefeated and romp to and through the SB.

8. ram29jackson

ram29jackson
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    107ß
    it has everything to with his ability. He wasn't a pro because of NFL sympathy. He was pro because the NFL said he was good enough to be one and he executed as needed. He was an NFL PRO AND DID WHAT AN NFL pro needed to do to get to and win a SB and he's one of less than 48 guys who can say that.

at first I was confused by your Bears losing SB comment LOL but realized that year they lost to the Colts...slipped my mind.

one reason they lost was a having a QB with less experience than a Dilfer LOL

9. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,125ß
    Listen I like Dilfer, but even someone that is as bad as Tebow could have won a SB w/that Balt team. I like Dilfer, I actually liked him as a qb more then most, but he wasn't as good as Marino, they aren't even in the same league. If all the past qb's were to have a Thanksgiving dinner, Diler would be one of the very few NFL qb's to win a SB that would be sitting at the kids table, and Marino would be one of the few qb's to not win a sb to be sitting at the big boy table.

10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    677ß
    Wow, by the thinking going to a SB as to QB ability means any ding dong QB that made it to the SB and lost can be compared to Marino. I never knew Grossman was that good until now.